Wheel fitment

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
OK thanks.
The reason I ask is I am having problems with an inbalance on my other car a Chrysler Crossfire and I thought I could try the two front wheels off the Ibiza to rule out it being a wheel/tyre problem but the Crossfire is 5x112 so they wont fit.

Thanks anyway.

Norrie.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
OK thanks.
The reason I ask is I am having problems with an inbalance on my other car a Chrysler Crossfire and I thought I could try the two front wheels off the Ibiza to rule out it being a wheel/tyre problem but the Crossfire is 5x112 so they wont fit.

Thanks anyway.

Norrie.

Take the wheels to a tyre fitting place to be balanced properly. ;) They will be able to tell you what the problem is. I don't see how putting them on another car will improve things? :shrug:

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
I have had the wheels balanced and they are balancing okay and they suspect it's a tyre problem.
If I had a spare I could try that but I don't and the wheels are over £500 each and the tyres are also very expensive.

Norrie.

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
It's a total nightmare.
I had new tyres fitted last year and had an inbalnce after that.
I went back to have them rebalanced and they noticed one of the front wheels was out of shape. I had that straightened by an engineering firm but I still had the inbalance.
I was told it must still be the wheel so I had a new one fitted but it was still the same.
They then thought there could be a fault with the tyre so they have just replaced the tyre today but the inbalance is still there although it could be the other tyre
They have sent the tyre back to Dunlop so I will know in a couple of weeks if the tyre is at fault.
There dosen't appear to be anything wrong with the car but if I had another set of wheels I could rule the wheels and tyres out of the equation.
I'm wondering if there are stil places that balance the wheels on the car.

Norrie.

fraw

OK thanks.
The reason I ask is I am having problems with an inbalance on my other car a Chrysler parts, Crossfire and I thought I could try the two front wheels off the Ibiza to rule out it being a wheel/tyre problem but the Crossfire is 5x112 so they wont fit.

Thanks anyway.

Norrie.

I also planned the same way but I really doubt that there's some improvement to be seen after. What's up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.