Green Cotton or K&N

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
A kind of related question.....

I've got a Green Cotton panel filter and need to clean it.

Locally (Warrington) I can get a K&N Cleaner/Recharge kit for £10-12.
Does the oil differ greatly between K&N and Green? Assume I can use it with no adverse effects (light oiling!)?

Alternatives, or anyone have a contact for Green cleaning kit locally for £12-ish, I'd order from Badger5 etc but with postage on top, gets quite expensive.

Goot :)

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i've been using K&N filters up untill now when i switched to Green on this ibiza and i've not had any issues... well actually i did have one issue with one filter where the rubber edging around the filter started cracking up and not forming a seal properly, so replaced it under their warranty.

B3NNO

Ive got a Pipercross Filter on mine taken from a Mk3 Cupra, which i found on Ebay for cheap money. Given it a clean and never had any problems with it. But i prefer Foam filters to mesh filters, have done since my jap cars.

rosssifr

Just ordered a pipercross panel filter for my 08 plate FR tdi :funk:

Wells507

hey sarah i had a look on your shops site and sent a messege and they dont wana touch my car lol

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
I guess the better question is will there he a difference between a cotton filter like k&n or green. To a foam filter like piper cross.

I don't know the answer is one type more restritive than the other ?

Lee

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Ive got a Pipercross Filter on mine taken from a Mk3 Cupra, which i found on Ebay for cheap money. Given it a clean and never had any problems with it. But i prefer Foam filters to mesh filters, have done since my jap cars.

Any particular reason why you prefered foam filters?
I know my motorcross bikes use foam filters but they're also oiled. Though that might just be down to the sheer amount of dust it has to filter out when racing etc.

Has anyone done a back to back comparison of a K&N/Green Cotton filter against a Pipercross foam filter in their car? (not the pipercross comparison video with the table tennis balls)
I'd be interested to know if it made any difference, like improved pickup or revved abit more freely.

Last edited:

matt5964

May 31, 2004
peterborough,cambridgeshire
slightly off topic but related im getting my bike tuned and maped and the tuners (one's that the bsb and sbk use) say that the pipecross filter is noware near as good as a cotton filter as the foam produces a bunch of disterbed air that the sencers dont like and on a back to back test the airwaves r1's were markedly down on power and harder to map right with the foam filter in. i have a pipercross filter in my cupra and do notice some 'stuttering ' and the car getting into a flap sometimes when just comming of boost and asking it to comeback on as it draws air through quick. Hence i am getting a cotton filter asap even though the pipercross is only a few weeks old, at the same time i purchased 2 bike filters one for me and one for the wife again both of which have been ditched.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i decided on pipercross after much debate. they are sold and labelled as 'dry' but still actually feel oily to me. not noticed any stuttering? yet. AMD recommend them as well

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise