Dv relocation

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You should still be able to do it mate. TB is on the same side and intercooler pipework goes the same direction.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I don't see the point to be honest. This is what the Forge site says...

"By relocating the valve in this way there are two benefits. Firstly, due to operating in lower temperatures the longevity of the valve is increased." Really? The Forge ones are so much better than the OEM DV anyway, do you need it to last even longer? :shrug:

"Secondly, after relocation, the air that is recirculated back into the intake tract to the turbo will be cooler. Cooler air has a greater density. The greater the density of the charge mix in the cylinder the more power generated on combustion." Cooler air going into the turbo will get heated to the same temp as the ambient air being sucked in I reckon! :confused:

Just my thoughts. I would maybe concentrate on spending money elsewhere first...

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
I don't see the point to be honest. This is what the Forge site says...

"By relocating the valve in this way there are two benefits. Firstly, due to operating in lower temperatures the longevity of the valve is increased." Really? The Forge ones are so much better than the OEM DV anyway, do you need it to last even longer? :shrug:

"Secondly, after relocation, the air that is recirculated back into the intake tract to the turbo will be cooler. Cooler air has a greater density. The greater the density of the charge mix in the cylinder the more power generated on combustion." Cooler air going into the turbo will get heated to the same temp as the ambient air being sucked in I reckon! :confused:

Just my thoughts. I would maybe concentrate on spending money elsewhere first...

If its colder won't it take longer to heat, and as such be colder? lol, I dunno :D

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yep, if the air being dumped into the intake track is cooler it will take longer to reach opperating temp.

SupaFly

You see i thought the same a damo, because all the pipe work etc is in the same place but then the second question is would it make a difference? Thats the £113 question or what ever it costs. I have a turbosmart DV so I wouldn't be relocating the oem one. Would be interesting to find out if this mod would give any benefit. :confused:

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The 1.8T one they do doesn't fit becasue the IC to intake manifold pipe is the wrong size. You could make up your own relocation kit using some 15mm hose but you need to find a nice way of splitting off the IC to manifold pipe without messing up the airflow into the manifold.

If you do it, log some temps before and after :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.