wiring in electric seats

L7OSE

Need some help
I have just bought some leon leather seats that are electric adjustable and i am trying to fit them into a mk4 golf,i know the yellow plug is for the air bags but there is another red plug with two wires on it (one wire is brown and the other is red and blue), would i be wright in thinking that the brown is earth and the red and blue is live.

Last edited by a moderator:

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Yep the red connector is for the power.
It dont really matter which way round you get them, sort out you own wire harness first then before you connect to the seats test the seat movement if you have the wires the wrong way round the electric switches on the seats work in reverse like mine did till i swapped the wires round.
hope this helps

L7OSE

cheers for that, thought it was going to be a night mare to sort out but sounds a piece of cake

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
dead easy fella
6 screws removes the center console around your gear knob and handbrake, chuck it on the back seat while you run your cables under the carpet.
run em up to the back of the ciggy light and solder in jobs a goodun.
After a few measurements i made mine in the kitchen in the warm then went and fitted em in the car, piece of cake.
cheers
craig

L7OSE

Did you just get spade connectors and fit it that way or did you use the proper plastic plug and run the two wires from that to the ciggy lighter

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi there
I used the proper plugs as the seats i bought had the wires cut on the car side so all i did was solder the wires to these and then to the ciggy lighter.
If you want the proper plugs im sure they would not cost much from a dealers.

L7OSE

Thanks for your help

Seats fitted in and electrics working fine, on fitting the seats i noticed that the driver seat has a cream coloured plug under it does anyone know what this is for

L7OSE

cheers for the info, don't think i will bother about trying to wire this up

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.