• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Chequered Roof

Chequered Roof?

• Total voters

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Just wodnering peoples opinions.

I love it so its staying no matter what but still intregues me what others think, so here is a poll

Last edited:

CupraTurbo....

that looks mint mate, been thinkin about doin it 2 my car but didn kno wa it would look like. gotta get the roof re done anyway cos i got the dreaded onvi fading and peeling laquer. roughly how much should i b expectin to pay for that then mate?

brad1

that looks awesome on silver, im very tempted depending on price

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just had some black vinyl arrived to try it all down my roof

would look really good with later/smoother bumpers and side mouldings gone

brad1

the onlt bit that would annoy me, makes me look a bit autistic is the fact the sqaures down one side are smaller than on the other side, they would have to be same size all over if you get me, symetrical in other words lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
was just returning to the pic to have a look if it was central :):)

just tell em all the mini ones are and you wanna be unique :p lol

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Im gonna paint the spoiler gloss black solid anyway :)

mirrors are done now in lambo black.

I have the cupra kit to go on too :)

I know the top isnt that even but i have this thing about doing everything myself, and considering it only cost me £30 to get the squares cut i think i did a pretty good job :)

cheers for comments guys :)

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
sorry had to vote no on this one. Looks good on minis but not leons, plus i think its a new chav accessorie seen loads of cars in weston with ST stripe copies and flag roofs and viper stripes :S

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
wish i could see pics at work [:@]

il check this out afterwards and vote.im looking at some subtle graphics for my car,a chequered roof might be a good idea.

i shall respond in ETA 1hr 54mins.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
sorry had to vote no on this one. Looks good on minis but not leons, plus i think its a new chav accessorie seen loads of cars in weston with ST stripe copies and flag roofs and viper stripes :S

Bloody chavs, im always to quick to set trends :p

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
wish i could see pics at work [:@]

il check this out afterwards and vote.im looking at some subtle graphics for my car,a chequered roof might be a good idea.

i shall respond in ETA 1hr 54mins.

You go for all that excellent respray work in an excellent colour to cover it up with the automotive equivalent of a tramp stamp ??? :confused:

Don't do it!!

Sorry to P on anyone's chips about the roof checks, but as has been said....... OK for mini's if you must but not for a Leon. Soooo wrong! Also, with it not being central on that car it really looks like a home made bodge job. Worth a try but it don't work. Sorry to be harsh matey.

Last edited:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
You go for all that excellent respray work in an excellent colour to cover it up with the automotive equivalent of a tramp stamp ??? :confused:

Don't do it!!

Sorry to P on anyone's chips about the roof checks, but as has been said....... OK for mini's if you must but not for a Leon. Soooo wrong! Also, with it not being central on that car it really looks like a home made bodge job. Worth a try but it don't work. Sorry to be harsh matey.

In your opinion :)

which is fair enough.

But i still like it :)

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
yes for a mini.
as noted started seeing this and other random stripes plus even cheap copy a4/6/8 daylights which i don't agree with as why not the rears as well if gonna do it on saxos round my way

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
checkered roof..... hardly subtle...

Don't do it!!

like i said, i cant see the pic.

the car i got my colour from (renault megane) has the chequered flag on the front panel of the car. so i thought it might be the equivalent...

ETA 1hr 28mins to confirm stupidity of what i almost got myself into!

renault-megane-f1-team-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
yes for a mini.
as noted started seeing this and other random stripes plus even cheap copy a4/6/8 daylights which i don't agree with as why not the rears as well if gonna do it on saxos round my way

I had the daylight lights on mine ages ago, but they were properly done by myself and smoothed into the foglight area.

but one fell off at the nurburgring so i left em off, bumpers get changed soon anyhow.

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
like i said, i cant see the pic.

the car i got my colour from (renault megane) has the chequered flag on the front panel of the car. so i thought it might be the equivalent...

ETA 1hr 28mins to confirm stupidity of what i almost got myself into!

renault-megane-f1-team-1.jpg

LOL, isnt this the question i raised in your thread about havin decals on your car? lol!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.