S3 cams in k03 tfsi

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
I know you can put S3 cams in a KO4 converted tfsi, but is it possible to do it to a kO4 turbo'd tfsi running stage 2+ pushing 280bhp. what gains could you expect from this

cheers guys

Poverty

You dont need the s3 cams for extra power, upgrading the turbo, injectors and fuel pump is the next step.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You dont need the s3 cams for extra power, upgrading the turbo, injectors and fuel pump is the next step.

S3 cams might well add something more without going down the turbo upgrade route. Revo's K04 converted car is not as potent as the OEM K04 car, and I believe part of the reason for this is the camshafts.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
a k04 turbo conversion is a couple of thousand extra and will only yield a further 25-35bhp more so alot of money spent for the bhp gained.
Whereas S3 cams only cost 350ish for the pair and if they gace even 10bhp, or a decent torque gain, it'd be worth it.

is it possible to put the cams in with a k03 or will it not work at all

Poverty

a k04 turbo conversion is a couple of thousand extra and will only yield a further 25-35bhp more so alot of money spent for the bhp gained.
Whereas S3 cams only cost 350ish for the pair and if they gace even 10bhp, or a decent torque gain, it'd be worth it.

is it possible to put the cams in with a k03 or will it not work at all

What mods have you got so far?

I think you would only see around 10-15hp from the cams.

k04 setup should give you a extra 60hp.

Last edited by a moderator:

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
bluefin stage 2+, apr fuelpump, turbo back exhaust, eoms air intake, forge DV. all aboout to be fitted and should put 275bhp.

k04 tfsi from jkm produced 309bhp with revo software and above mods.

unsure what to expect from cams

Poverty

bluefin stage 2+, apr fuelpump, turbo back exhaust, eoms air intake, forge DV. all aboout to be fitted and should put 275bhp.

k04 tfsi from jkm produced 309bhp with revo software and above mods.

unsure what to expect from cams

backdraft claim 320 and 350hp from their k04 tfsi.

I have heard of 300hp from ko3 2.0tfsi.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
what mods and remap software are they using to achieve that?

It could be down to generous rolling roads.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise