what fmic for 280ish bhp

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
well i had a deal with a member off here to buy a forge fmic, but they just wont answer my calls or contact me back. so a bit miffed off to say the least as i have beeen waiting a long time. anyway would the ebay fmic be good for up to 280bhp as my plan is to go ko3 ihi, i love the look of the uni one too, but not sure if it will cope! any sort of information would be great as i dont think i can warrant paying for the forge brand new...

Dan_Cupra

Nov 20, 2008
THS intercooler would be better than universal =) I just had a custom 1 based on the THS made by Radtek which will handle 300 bhp.

Mat

I'd say forge if you can afford it TBH

Think some have had good readings with Laguna ones. Ask Myki

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You can get some large uni ones off ebay. iirc Danny_Lad has just fitted one to his mk3 cupra to go with his GT2x (circa 280bhp). Give him a pm.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Lol

The Small Uni/Ths cooler is crap anything above a k03s stage 2...240bhp even with uprated pipe work it just coudnt possible work...

Don't get me wrong the temps that the cooler gives of are the same as the forge one ''BUT'' It can not flow enough that is needed as theres a small Suface area...

Me and JamieBennett were Chattin on msn and we reckon its the same Volume or near as dam it with the laguna setup,Even tho the laguna One is big but thin and the uni cooler is Narrow but thick...Now ive Personally fitted both its Even Easyer to fit that New Cooler im using on mine than it was with a small uni cooler...

The Prices were:

New cooler £98 inc postage
63mm Mandrell Bend kit £70 inc postage
T-bolt clamps 10 for £22 Inc Postage

Then around 30quid on 90degree bends and Straight silicone Hoses...I wouldnt Piss on the Couplers or jubliee clips that are supplied with the kit...So if you can get them to knock the price of for there Couplers,Bends and Jubliee clips then your on to a winner...I used the ones supplied But i ended up bining them...

The logs for each cooler and each turbo setup are in my thread...

ian_cupra

forge one is easy good enough for 280, i was running that ish before manifold gasket kept going.

forge FMIC was plenty, car defo didnt suffer on the track, which i prooved at cadwell at the scn trackday in december :D

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
forge one is easy good enough for 280, i was running that ish before manifold gasket kept going.

forge FMIC was plenty, car defo didnt suffer on the track, which i prooved at cadwell at the scn trackday in december :D

Yup its been Proven...And it can flow Enough for around 300bhp....

But the small Ths cooler Can't...

But at the end of the day its comes down to money

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
go the custom route with forge cheaper than the of the shelf one but then you no it will handle the power.

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
just spoke to sales@****************************** and they can offer the kit they do for the seat ibiza but instead of the small intercooler the medium one which is Med intercooler size 690 x 185 x 65mm. would this fit? and is this the same size as yours danny or near it?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.