lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Hi buddy! Looking good! I didn’t see any mention of flange inserts for the map pipe. Was the sensor a tight fit? If so forge must have changed the size of the hole in the flange.:blink: If it wasn’t a tight fit you’ll have a boost leak! :D

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
I didn't know about that. I silicon ed it and bolted it. You would of thought forge would do something about this.

So it wasn’t a tight fit then,:confused: there’s an insert kit for the pipe which is £5 plus vat less 10% discount. Forge should supply it with the pipe really because without it, it doesn’t fit the lcr.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199202&highlight=map+pipe&page=2

Might be worth a read, skip to post 34 and you’ll see the two inserts (you only use one) in the first pic.:D

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Yeah, still loads cheaper than the standard pipe but really should be included! !

Oh and another thing, would your battery cover not fit without trimming? :confused:

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
yes but was rubbing on my boost pipe so nipped it down a bit,

Did you remove the rusty bracket that holds the original map pipe?

With it removed mine was fine without trimming the battery cover (just the tray).:D

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
yes i removed that. it was fine really, just the ths boost hose rubbed on it a bit so thought id do it, otheres may not need to,

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Anyway buddy, looks like your doing a good job.:) Can’t wait to see the finished article! And see how it performs! :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Lookin good so far mate, im just waiting for map sensor mounting tube.... How long it take to get bumper off mate?
the bumper has an easier way to remove that stops you having to tug at it to get it off.
If you open up the arch liner and remove the 8 or 10mm bolt (been a while since I did this) this is the bolt that holds on the bumper catch type mechanism. Then the bumper just slips off. Still a 2 man job though

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
the bumper has an easier way to remove that stops you having to tug at it to get it off.
If you open up the arch liner and remove the 8 or 10mm bolt (been a while since I did this) this is the bolt that holds on the bumper catch type mechanism. Then the bumper just slips off. Still a 2 man job though

The Mans right!:D Drop the front of the arch liners and its just two nuts holding each slide on. Very easy! I’ve removed and refitted my front bumper 3 times and only ever done it on my own! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.