K04 question..270 bhp - 360bhp ???

JJ_arosa

i have a ibiza cupra with a k04 turbo and all the trimmings running at 271 bhp.

it has a cupra r ecu, only know as vag com says so.

forge fmic
tip
3 inch maf
custom downpipe and milteck full system
jetex filter
forge split r
k04
lcr manifold
not sure about injectors ?

was wondering how they get the s3 on a stage 2 at 350 - 360 bhp ??

can i map my ecu even more to get more power ??

what other mods do i need ? rather stick to the k04 rather thasn go ihi as its a real good conversion and looks so neat.

ian_cupra

no way can you get 350 out of k04 mate, you sure its not the new s3 they are on about

Poverty

I think the K04 on the 2.0tfsi's are slightly different to the one you are running also. Updated etc!

B3LSY

i was talking to shaun at AmD last week an he's had a few new S3's in for mapping ect few mods an they have been hitting 375bhp on stage2

JJ_arosa

so the new tfsi turbo...will that fit without much bother to my <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='car';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E25&ss=car">car</a> then ?

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
I think its better to go BT than hybrid tbh (no offense danny), because the turbo alone will set you back at least a grand (this is from the limited knowledge of hybrids so tell me if im wrong)...you may as well go the whole hog & look at IHI/GT28RS, it may cost more short term but if the turbo dies etc.... it will be a cheap fix compared to a custom job on a hybrid.(One of the main reasons why im hesitating uprgrading to VF34 Hybrid)

How much was your hybrid turbo danny?

JJ_arosa

just want a bigger turbo that will still use same manifold and things easyest option i want lol

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Do you just want to ake it faster to say you've beaten other various cars or do you want it to drive nice and feel happy with it? Its all down to the characteristics of each tubo and their driveability IMHO, but i think for price and hassle i would hybrid it ! :)

By the way... you get bored quick ! How long have you had it? I have had my KO3s on not even a week and am no where near bored with it yet. Personally i think that anything over 250bhp ish on these FWD cars and the chassis cant cope.

i can vouch for the new S3's making over 350bhp, met an owner of one at AMD Essex and it was at REVO stage 2, full milltek, forge induction and a few other bits and it pulled 365bhp on the rollers... sounded mental too

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.