Facelift 2003 cupra bhp choices?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Many thanks for dealing with the noobie:redface:

I have heard that they both remap to the bhp, but am I right in presuming that the 180 doesn't chip to the same level?

Also does the 210 have anything else that is a lower spec apart from the BHP?

the 180bhp pre 01 has a ko3 turbo fitted. remaps to around 200 ish
the 180bhp 01 on has a ko3s turbo . remaps to around 215bhp

if your thinking of modding further the ko3s can go 240 with a sports cat/downpipe and a stage 2 map. ko3 225/230?

on the 210/225 as far as im aware both are the same other than trim levels. map to around 260bhp and max out at 275ish with a stage 2 map and zorst tip etc. they run a ko4 turbo and have 2 intercoolers to the cupras 1.

both the cupras and cupra r`s fitted with bigger turbos can hit 320 ish before you need to worry about upgrading the engine internals. many people have there sights set on 400bhp!

the only thing the 210/225 has over the cupra are brembos but the cupras brakes are good for 300odd with upgraded pads. suspensions firmer on the r too apparently.

test drive both if you can.

and dont worry about being a nooby! loads of people on here will help and the sites full of decent info. best advice is to search before posting a question. chances are its been asked many times before.:)

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Thanks again, I really already have one car for modding and would probably just do mods on the seat to tease things out using stock injectors, turbos, clutch etc!

I think I would probably have to physically visit the car to verify its authenticity, unless I can ring seat to ask them the BHP of the car reg?

The only info I don't have is the engine number/identity of a 2003 180 bhp car?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Thanks again, I really already have one car for modding and would probably just do mods on the seat to tease things out using stock injectors, turbos, clutch etc!

I think I would probably have to physically visit the car to verify its authenticity, unless I can ring seat to ask them the BHP of the car reg?

The only info I don't have is the engine number/identity of a 2003 180 bhp car?

that should be an AUQ ko3s engine.

whats the modding car?

Cootey

I have a cupra 180 2003, i ve had a stage 2 with all the other bits you need and its now 246bhp so thats how much you can get out of 180 cupra without spending masses of money