Non Pre-wired or pre wired... that is the question...

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
evening, still looking for ipod interface and seen a place doing the connects 2 for a decent price (£65). its got two options for my car... pre wired, or non pre wired. can someone shed some light on this for me... which do i need and whats the significance. car is a 54 plate leon cupra with the aura dingle din, single shot cd player + changer in glove box...

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
evening, still looking for ipod interface and seen a place doing the connects 2 for a decent price (£65). its got two options for my car... pre wired, or non pre wired. can someone shed some light on this for me... which do i need and whats the significance. car is a 54 plate leon cupra with the aura dingle din, single shot cd player + changer in glove box...

Is this a proper wired ipod kit or an FM one? What website?

The trouble with a wired one that takes the place of your changer is that you can't actually tell what song your listening to as it just displays as a CD with a lot of tracks, not ideal plus the ipod screen usually shows a logo for the kit manufacturer so doesn't give any clues.

I'm fitting an AUX input kit to my leon in the next few days, that way I can control the music from my iphone itself

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
cheers mate, thats not a bad point. never occured to me that i wouldnt know what was playing and so forth.

any answeres the the non prewired or pre wired?

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
olliepaget said:
any answeres the the non prewired or pre wired?

Possibly, depends if it's fm kit or wired in that your looking at and what site your looking at. Then I'll have a look and try make sense of it.

The kit I'm fitting n mine gives 2 aux inputs and also keeps the cd changer

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
sorry, didnt know they did more than one kind. its the hard wired kit on 'car audio security'. who is your kit made by?

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
sorry, didnt know they did more than one kind. its the hard wired kit on 'car audio security'. who is your kit made by?

Sorry for the delay in replying, havent been on my computer since monday.

I haven't managed to find anything concrete but if you go to this page here then they have pics by the kits and hopefully your head unit will be one of the 2, mine is also an Aura but tape with a CDC in the glove box.

I have however now fitted my AUX kit which seems to do a good enough job. Its a combination of a wiring kit and then an interface box, the wiring is SEA02AUX and the interface box is MOD01AUX (my wiring kit actually said VW02AUX on the bag but I guess they're the same) I brought mine from incarelectrics.co.uk and it cost £85 in total including postage, was dispatched in good time too.

Don't under any circumstances buy it from auto-connect/digital fusion, they list it as available for immediate dispatch, I called them after 2 weeks and they said they can't get it anymore and needed to cancel it and that they were processing the paypal refund, not sure when they planned on telling me, I then got an email that night confirming cancellation, that was on the 7th Jan, i'm still yet to receive the refund, i have called them again since and they said they would look into it. They are pig ignorant and abrupt on the phone and really arent interested.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.