Remap dilemma.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hey,
I have been planning to take my APP engine code Leon Sport in for a remap. Initially I was going for a stage 1 generic map, but then I bought a decat and downpipe so planned to go stage 2 as I was told that's the only way to remove the lamda from the ECU and would get 225hp.

However... I've also been told the APP engine has a KO3 turbo and won't reach 225hp. More like 210hp. 210 is around what a generic map would give me? So I'm abit stuck on what to do.

Any advice would be most appreciated
Cheers
Dan

Last edited:

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
try not to think of the numbers. whatever the final figure the custom map will hold the power longer and should make it more fun. as youve already done the mods you may as well get everything you can from them.

far more important and faster to have a decent power band than a slightly higher but short lived BHP

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
With yours being the 180 it will have a K03s turbo on it. I havent seen a K03s car do any more than 230 with a stage 2 map, full turbo back exhaust, intercooler and some uprated hoses etc. I'm not too keen on de-cats to be honest, from what i have seen they tend to make them loose a little bit of torque, but each to their own :)

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Hey,
I have been planning to take my APP engine code Leon Sport in for a remap. Initially I was going for a stage 1 generic map, but then I bought a decat and downpipe so planned to go stage 2 as I was told that's the only way to remove the lamda from the ECU and would get 225hp.

However... I've also been told the APP engine has a KO3 turbo and won't reach 225hp. More like 210hp. 210 is around what a generic map would give me? So I'm abit stuck on what to do.

Any advice would be most appreciated
Cheers
Dan

Thought the APP engines were non VVT and so had the smaller ECU. As a result i would expect no more than 200bhp from a generic S1 remap.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
With yours being the 180 it will have a K03s turbo on it. I havent seen a K03s car do any more than 230 with a stage 2 map, full turbo back exhaust, intercooler and some uprated hoses etc. I'm not too keen on de-cats to be honest, from what i have seen they tend to make them loose a little bit of torque, but each to their own :)

I thought that because mine is an early Leon 20vt (Sport) it has the KO3? Or is the K03 for the Golf GTI 150 bhp engines?

I will go for the custom remap then and let the guy work his magic :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise