The TFSI Sport really WAS 182 BHP

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Fuel economy should improve slightly if anything (providing you are not nailing it everywhere)

Your bhp and torque seem a little low for a mapped car. We usually see approx 240bhp

Have you had a diagnostics check carried out?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
It would be worth getting some logs done.

Sounds like the map was a stack em high and sell em cheap generic one. If I was you I would be getting my money back and my car reverted back to standard and thereafter get Revo or GIAC to do the business on it.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
There are plenty of good tuners out there......some will prefer smoothness and progressive and other will want aggressive spikes (or mickey mouse tuning as I call it)

Whoever tuned it though, before blaming them, get a diagnostic log carried out. Especially if stock figures were suspect.

If the MPG got worse after mapping, then it may be timing/fuelling issue in the software

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Whoever tuned it though, before blaming them, get a diagnostic log carried out. Especially if stock figures were suspect.

Agreed. However given that the OP's first post in this thread was edited by a moderator (see the reason), there must be a good reason for it.

The lower bhp figures in the first instance could be r/r lottery or perhaps just that the car needed a good service. Again, a good tuner would have checked the car for faults and if some existed, told the customer that they could not tune the car because of x,y or z.

If the tuner is reputable, then there should be no problem with a refund or similar if the product does not do all it is supposed to, and cause adverse effects. I know Revo have a money back guarantee on their code for example, no questions asked. They will reflash the car back to stock as well.

If the MPG got worse after mapping, then it may be timing/fuelling issue in the software

True, but most people will see lower mpg when first mapped as they are much more inclined to give it some to see the difference the code has made :)

Another good reason to log it to see whats happening though :)

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Fuel economy should improve slightly if anything (providing you are not nailing it everywhere)

Your bhp and torque seem a little low for a mapped car. We usually see approx 240bhp

Have you had a diagnostics check carried out?

The tuning company used a tool called Launch (?) to check for errors but reported it clean. I did have an intermittant error reported a month ago to do with the Intake Manifold Runner Control being sticky but it seems to have be deleted now. Other than that - all clear.

What do you mean by this.....

They did repeated RR tests which gave differing peak BHP figures.

If the tuner is reputable, then there should be no problem with a refund or similar if the product does not do all it is supposed to, and cause adverse effects. I know Revo have a money back guarantee on their code for example, no questions asked. They will reflash the car back to stock as well.

I can't name the tuning company but they do honour refunds. You need to reflash with original code and return the flash unit to them.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
It would be worth getting some logs done.

Sounds like the map was a stack em high and sell em cheap generic one. If I was you I would be getting my money back and my car reverted back to standard and thereafter get Revo or GIAC to do the business on it.

What should I log, what should I do whilst logging (i.e accelerate hard / certain gear, normal drive, 5 seconds or 5 mins??). What should I look for in the output?

Thanks for the help.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise