The TFSI Sport really WAS 182 BHP

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
It seems it's true.

I've just taken the plunge and got my stock MY06 2.0 TFSI dyno'd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

The before figure was a rather disappointing 178 BHP and 200 lb/FT (182 andd 199 published) The workshop manager, was quite worried at first because he was expecting a 197 figure - he wasn't aware of the 185 variant.

I'd upload the plot if I could but I haven't got any web space now that I've swapped to Sky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Surprised I beat Dan to this thread :)

The TFSi Sport has exactly same engine, turbo etc as the FR although there probably is a small difference in code. Having said that, I am sure there was a thread on here ages ago about 2.0T flashes on the 185bhp cars which is probably the same one as for the FR 2.0T.

Maybe yours hasnt been flashed, or maybe it needs a service? Maybe it was dyno lottery?!

What was the remapped figure out of interest :)

Enjoy :D

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
hmm, inconclusive :)

I had a dyno run with a panel filter and exhaust and got something like 210hp..

When I got my exhaust changed, we notice just before the pipe went into the backbox, the pipe reduced to about half its size for about a couple of centimetres....

:)

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi guys

I had a 185 TFSI Sport for 18mths prior to getting my FR which i have had for 8mths IMHO there is very little difference in performance, the FR seems to pull better in 2nd (that could be the extra 14bhp), but you would be hard pushed to notice a real world difference certainly in Mway driving.

Rob

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Surprised I beat Dan to this thread :)

The TFSi Sport has exactly same engine, turbo etc as the FR although there probably is a small difference in code. Having said that, I am sure there was a thread on here ages ago about 2.0T flashes on the 185bhp cars which is probably the same one as for the FR 2.0T.

Maybe yours hasnt been flashed, or maybe it needs a service? Maybe it was dyno lottery?!

What was the remapped figure out of interest :)

Enjoy :D

During the re-mapping process Simon compared elements of a stock 2.0T (197) to mine and spotted that there was a limit across the rev range on the "constant pressure" thingy. He matched mine to the GTI map but it seems not to have made much difference. He said he'd have another look to see if he could spot any other discrepancies but I'm not expecting anything really. Of course it would be nice!

My remap was 217@5750 (202,209,217 and ?) on four seperate runs. Torque is 249@3650.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
hmm, inconclusive :)

I had a dyno run with a panel filter and exhaust and got something like 210hp..

When I got my exhaust changed, we notice just before the pipe went into the backbox, the pipe reduced to about half its size for about a couple of centimetres....

:)

What sort of simple - not to expensive - exhaust would you suggest. Mine's 2.5 years old so a new one is probably due anyway.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
knee jerk reaction would be milltek, but that would be around £500. Have a look at piper, they have a sticky thread on here.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
nice one darrell, I was out all day yesterday :)

I would expect a bit more than that from a remap. around 240hp.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
nice one darrell, I was out all day yesterday :)

I would expect a bit more than that from a remap. around 240hp.

Well you could look at it as +39 BHp & +50 lb/ft which is not to be sneezed at. Also remember that this product is £300 compared to the Revo which is more than double.

The, potential, downside is it seems to be drinking fuel. I'm going to do a few runs to see if it is just the computer re-adjusting to the new map or if it is real world. If it is real world then it'll have to go.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
normal driving should be better or the same. The theory is you dont have to rev it so much as you have lots more power down low (you should do).

putting your foot down it will be worse.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
normal driving should be better or the same. The theory is you dont have to rev it so much as you have lots more power down low (you should do).

putting your foot down it will be worse.

Yepp, I was doing a constant speed (70 - obviously ;) ) up to their garage and was seeing ~28/29 mpg at 3.5k revs. The same on the route back was ~20/21 !

acespizee

Aug 15, 2008
Bristol
On TSR's in bridgwater. It also had the forge intake sorry. I first had it at interpro where it made 225 which i didnt believe, but when i had it at TSR it made 210hp and 218 tq which i believe as it always ate my mates 1.8t S3 off the line and rolling. I had it back at TSR the other day with my Revo switched off and it made 230 hp and 228 tq. Mods are ATP 3'' catless downpipe to stock cat-back, Forge intake, S3 intercooler, sfs hoses, neuspeed power pulley and Forge D.V. All running at factory boost 7-10 psi.

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Yepp, I was doing a constant speed (70 - obviously ;) ) up to their garage and was seeing ~28/29 mpg at 3.5k revs. The same on the route back was ~20/21 !

Seems it was some sort of ECU / Cluster computer mix-up. Test runs today show it being just a wee bit down on before (27/28 mpg) so I'm going to give it a day or so to 'bed in'.

I'm getting the traction control cutting in when accelerating heavily in 2nd which is a good sign :happy:

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Actually I'm getting worried by the fuel 'economy' aspect. It is definately using more fuel, but the question is, is this to be expected?

Has anyone had a similar finding?