225 BHP Cupra with just remap / chip?

jamiebennett81

one more thing if I am going for this sort of power

is it best to go external wastegate? I think I read from Bill it is as for higher end applications it allows for more control

and caveo are you going stand alone management?

Deleted member 14928

After having my cupra mapped at Jabba i was told that it is now running 241 bhp (with print out to prove) with everything standard appart from a green cotton filter....

It makes me laugh because there is no whay that it can be that much but still, no matter what power it is, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

jamiebennett81

After having my cupra mapped at Jabba i was told that it is now running 241 bhp (with print out to prove) with everything standard appart from a green cotton filter....

It makes me laugh because there is no whay that it can be that much but still, no matter what power it is, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

are they having a laugh

that is some serious "Dyno Lottery" type rollers!!:D

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.

Fookin hell, are the numbers in the right order?
Can the LCR turbo (K04 I think) replace, and would I need the extra IC?

jamiebennett81

Fookin hell, are the numbers in the right order?
Can the LCR turbo (K04 I think) replace, and would I need the extra IC?

k04 is not a straight bolt on

pipework for IC has to be re-routed, amongst othe things i.e. 225 injectors, 4bar fpr (dependant on tuner) fitting and then remap....that aint cheap

next bolt on is a gt2x but I wouldn't bother

either just remap yours with a simple exhaust and filter to help it breathe better, or go full on and get BT

caveo

IHI will make 330 bhp but a mani and dp ( usealy as park of a kit ) is required along with bigger injectors , pump , 3" MAF housing , FMIC and map to suit ( around 5 grand ) . It aint cheap mate.

jamiebennett81

What bhp does the IHI make, and what are the extra components needed?

IHI typically puts out around 320-330bhp and similar torque (it could have more torque but you will bend a rod)

what are the extra components:

Stg3 clutch £400 ish
FMIC £400 - £700 ish
Exhaust - £500 if going turbo back
injectors - £200 ish (2nd hand I believe)
uprated fuel pump £70 (dependant on tuner)
4bar fpr - £35
Manifold - £500 ish (standard manifold cant flow that much)
Air filter (anything from £70 - £200)
Forge 007p £80

power will be pegged so you dont ruin the internals

engine mounts are recommended as well

these are highly recommended, due to the extra power and movement from the engine, if the mounts are not uprated then it causes too much movement and flex on the downpipe, leading it to crack, this in my opinion is a must

engine mounts are about £150 high density ones from INA in the US

I think that is it

OH and plus fitting and mapping time ££££££££££££££££££:D

OH and the turbo of course :) £800 ish

caveo

368 ft/lbs here ..... new rods please lol ( see readers rides for full spec )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.