*bing* .. *bing* ... *bing* - arrghh

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Anyone else finding the warning bings annoying ...

Is there anyway to turn them off??

Get in car
*Bing* - Service Now
*Bing* - Low fuel
*Bing* - Low washer fluid
*Bing* - DPF regen required
*Bing* - 2.5 degrees ...
Drive down road
Bing Bing Bing Bing .. .... seatbelt :doh:

Suppose I should just fix the things its binging about ... :shrug: :D

H8T WP

your forgetting the speed warning bling :) hehe thats my fav

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
When part ex'd my car I was going to set it really low just to annoy people test driving it.

Forgot though, think it was left set at 90.

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
i dont get a speed warning bing lol and iv had the car up to 130...is this the part when i say on a private road? lol.

Anyways, i get the bing noises when the washers get low, especially with the crap weather iv been motoring through the washer water it should just beep once a day or few days, not every time u start the car...kinda annoying seen as though you cannot stop right there and fill up ur washers... naymind lol.

H8T WP

i dont get a speed warning bing lol and iv had the car up to 130...is this the part when i say on a private road? lol.

Anyways, i get the bing noises when the washers get low, especially with the crap weather iv been motoring through the washer water it should just beep once a day or few days, not every time u start the car...kinda annoying seen as though you cannot stop right there and fill up ur washers... naymind lol.

you need to set it from the mfd.. only if you have bluetooth tho

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Isn't there also a bing for low tyre pressure?

It's a good way of alerting you to an issue with the car.

Apart from the seat belt one that is just a pain.

H8T WP

i hear the petrol one every day! its gay because the time disapears and i cant tell what time it is !! thats poor design, the time should ALWAYS be visable

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Reminds me of a mate who had a Maestro Vanen Plas and it spoke to you

Bing - Fuel Level Low

Bing - Please fasten seat belt

etc

As the car was old it had a list

Bing - Check Oil

Bing - Fault with x, y z

Bing - You are driving a piece of british built rusty good for nothing crap - Please scrap as soon as possible

Anyway, his foot going through the speaker dash fixed it all :lol:

Jonboy582

*Bing* - Low washer fluid
*Bing* - DPF regen required
speed warning bling

:( I'm missing out on bings I don't get these in my leon. How do I get more :D Obviousely without getting a DPF gearbox.

EDIT: Oh you also get a cool bing if you hold in the thing that does the tire pressure :p. My friend has soo much fun pressing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Low washer fluid is only on cars with the warning. Those with xenons and maybe the winter pack.

DPF is only on the TDi FR (I think).

The speed warning is set from the MFD (but it doesn't have to be the large one you get with bluetooth). Goto the option that says -- mph and when the car reaches the speed yo want to set the warning at press reset for a short time and the speed is now displayed. This can be adjuted by pressing up and down.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members