225 BHP Cupra with just remap / chip?

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hi All,

I was speaking to a bloke today who has a Octavia VRS.
He reckons that the his car has got 225 bhp from just a remap / chip.
He also said that top end is 165 mph, which I think is doubtful as an LCR does 150 mph.

My question is, can you chip the car and have it remapped to that bhp?
I thought the max bhp with standard turbo is 210 bhp.

Any ideas, cos I want to get mine chipped in Feb.

Aug 24, 2007
baring in mind the inaccuracy of the speedo, he's got no hope in the real world. 165 indicated would be at least 10% over I would have thought.

The bhp figure is worthless without a dyno plot and even then it would be down to the dyno lottery :)

A lot of the mapped cupras on this site are meant to be about 215bhp, which believe me is enough power to play with.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
baring in mind the inaccuracy of the speedo, he's got no hope in the real world. 165 indicated would be at least 10% over I would have thought.

The bhp figure is worthless without a dyno plot and even then it would be down to the dyno lottery :)

A lot of the mapped cupras on this site are meant to be about 215bhp, which believe me is enough power to play with.

Thats what I thought about the speedo. He said the he has got the graph to prove it.
Can't wait for Feb to arrive.

caveo

Its never enough to play with , trust me:D

caveo

True . But 225 with NO other mods is asking a bit much as a K03s will only flow 240 max with full zorst , tip , and induction mods.

caveo

In the new year internals then 400+ , maybe ill get a GT2x ...... or not lol

jamiebennett81

In the new year internals then 400+ , maybe ill get a GT2x ...... or not lol

I dunno mate, they are too powerful, you could easily see 500bhp from one......for a nano second while it shoots through my bonnet and disappears into the sky

what turbo are you going for? GT30 or TD0** series? I need to speak with Bill to understand the differences and advantages of each

the TD series seem to spool quicker.....

caveo

Garret/IHI hybrd from owens ( either the big 475 one or the smaller 400+ one )

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Octy VRS has a 5 speeder, with a much longer 5th gear than the Leon. It's also a better shape.

caveo

I never questioned the terminal speed just the flow from the same turbo with no mods.

jamiebennett81

Hi All,

I was speaking to a bloke today who has a Octavia VRS.
He reckons that the his car has got 225 bhp from just a remap / chip.
He also said that top end is 165 mph, which I think is doubtful as an LCR does 150 mph.

My question is, can you chip the car and have it remapped to that bhp?
I thought the max bhp with standard turbo is 210 bhp.

Any ideas, cos I want to get mine chipped in Feb.

anyway, sorry, back on topic

yes it can reach 225, but not with just a chip. you are right, 210 is the maximum you would be looking at with similar torque, but power tailing off higher up the rev range, due to heat soak from the standard IC and the restrictive down pipe

to achieve 225 at least, you would need a larger downpipe, exhaust, air filter and to keep the power held further up the rev range, an FMIC to keep intake temps as low as possible

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.