250 bhp

sparkyc

Jul 15, 2008
had me car rolling roaded last weekend and made 250BHP and 251 llbs of torque, have a custom code map, forge re-circ, ram air cone filter and milltek cat back. was expecting bit more as custom code quote 270-280, knew it werent gonna be that high but am i right to be bit dissapointed??

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
Are you on a 225 LCR or 210? Official figures and actual figures often vary. I assume your cars running fine with no faults? Does it feel quick?

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Remember that not all Dynos show the same results.

Some are more or less generous.

Dont be, after all horses are not easy to find after about 250hp...

Last edited:

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Ive noticed most tuners quote big numbers on websites/advertising for what just a remap will acheive.I think 250-260hp from map alone would be reasonable,your torque of 251lbs seems a bit low though in my opinion.What fuel are you using?

ian_cupra

all depends on the rollers,some companies play with figures they show

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
my car made 250bhp & 260lbft on AMD's rollers with custom code stage 1, forge TIP & intercooler hoses, 007p. they reckon i had a boost leak so i think i may have got a bit more otherwise.

Croc

torque of the devil, there really good down there,using v-power

i wouldnt feel bad mate ive been to totd for a lot of rolling road days and everything seems to come out low

chris todd knows what he's doing though mate so you wont go far wrong there. as long as the car feels good and strong

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
MAHA are supposed to be the most acurate amonsgt other dynos,... but also check as there are various norms for results too.

Most measure in DIN, but there are others.

If you have a little time... here is a nice read : http://www.bishopsperformance.com/dynoinfo.htm

Thats why its nice to check before and after mods on the same dyno... but nobody really bothers...

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
picture.php

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Ive noticed most tuners quote big numbers on websites/advertising for what just a remap will acheive

Had the opposite - when I went for my map tuner quoted 205-210 from 180 and similar torque - achieved 215bhp and 250lb/ft on the rollers that day, but that figure is for those rollers on that day :)

sparkyc

Jul 15, 2008
had a look in the cc section an should be boosting 21 psi not 18!! so maybe a boost leak? gonna upgrade the tip, any other ideas what it could be??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.