rev counter - white clocks

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Hallooooo

was wanting white clocks for my ibiza but where the rev counter is on the white clocks, I HAVE A CLOCK?

Is there now way i can put the white clocks in and wire it up so i have a rev counter?

cheers.

martin_hill_198

Apr 21, 2008
yes if like a mk2 golf will have wires there already so will run straight away if not just run awire in the car a nice easy job really

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well they work on the Ibiza..... unless you fitted golf gti clocks into an ibiza lol

Like I said only thing to effect the speedo reading is the size of the alloy and what profile tyre.

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
but i havent got a rev counter when they do on the new white clocks....i just have a "tell the time" clock lol wont the wiring be different

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
dont the gti's rev to 7k? our little 1.4's only go to 6k...will this matter?

will it just mean that you will never get to 7000 lol

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
but i havent got a rev counter when they do on the new white clocks....i just have a "tell the time" clock lol wont the wiring be different

Get the clocks from the GTi, not white replacement dials that just change the colour of the clocks.... you can get GTi ones in a silver colour (96+)

dont the gti's rev to 7k? our little 1.4's only go to 6k...will this matter?

will it just mean that you will never get to 7000 lol

They show to 7500 but like you said you jus will never get to 7000

martin_hill_198

Apr 21, 2008
baxter if u need help I live in Stockton more than happy togive u a hand or u cud get a set of clocks out of 1.6 corby 7k on clock but recline starts at 6k so be perfect for u bud
Just let us know if u need help

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
...Only thing that alters the reading of the speedo is your tyre and alloy size!...
On older VW's with 020 'boxes, the speedo drive gear had to be matched to the final drive ratio fitted in the 'box. Different speedo drive gears were available with different numbers of teeth and, rather helpfully, used different coloured plastic, useful when you don't have the original so have to buy a few and swap them in and out until you figure out which one is the right one. Been there done that on a Scirocco I used to own.

I know that nowadays they use an sender with an electrical connection to the back of it rather than the mechanical drive of old, but the same principle of matching the speedo drive to the 'box fitted applies. So long as they're not messed with, it ought to read correctly.

silverline1

1/4 past 4000 revs

used to love saying that to my mate in his saxo..