Blue flame turbo back fitted!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Just got back from my epic 4hr drive to blue flame from london and all i can say is wow!:) I was smiling the whole way! The car feels like a different animal. Seems to spool up abit faster and pull alot harder all the way through the rev range, and the sound it makes when you floor it is something else! Best mod along with my remap to date and will take some trumping! I changed my route home a few times to try and pass through a few tunnels, sounds AMAZING! You can hear the dump valve alot better aswell. Found it loud as fook when giving it the beans but when just pottering round town its not that loud at all. Ended up paying 550 including fitting, thats for the whole turbo back with 200cell rate sports cat, worth every penny! :p

So if your thinking of getting the system done and wondered if its worth doing.... all i can say is DO IT NOW and for those of you that already have it, i believe the hype!:D

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Nah, silly are the bean cans fitted to novas...:ban: Im half thinking of upgrading to turbo back, but want to hear the blueflame in the flesh. I have Miltek cat back at the mo and quite like it's subtle tones...

Neg.

May 11, 2007
Bristol
Ive got a piper turbo back and as you can see in my sig, 190BHP from just the exhaust. No other mods..... :D

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Ive got a piper turbo back and as you can see in my sig, 190BHP from just the exhaust. No other mods..... :D

From 180...I'm impressed:rolleyes:

Millo - told you it was an epic drive to Manchester!

Glad you're pleased with it tho - you'll have to show me soon!

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
yeh was long as! Hardest thing was trying not to fall asleep, but even crusing along at a ton, aslong as you dont floor it i didnt even have to turn the radio up that much. Have to admit though it is ****ing loud at full chat! I left at 9:30am and got there at just before 1pm, did 80 most of the way and a few rags in between. Got 34mpg there and back which aint too shabby

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Glad your happy with it, makes a nice tone the blueflame does-especially when its under load with the sound of the turbo throwing the air out of the exhaust sounds like a mini jet engine sound.... :)

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I bought the same set up as you mate. Definately worth it. Although, i've never had an aftermarket exhaust fitted to a car before and it takes some time to get used to how loud it is.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
they charged me 35quic for fitting which was not that bad i thought! Its ok on the motorway if your just crusing, but if you stamp on the loud pedal it is bloody loud. Had a cat back on my old bravo, and that droned no matter how you drove it, but on the drive home from work tonight, stick it in 5th around town and you cant really hear it. Does make noise if you take it over 3k rpm but it is a full sports exhaust system, something i think people forget.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Does make noise if you take it over 3k rpm but it is a full sports exhaust system, something i think people forget.

yeh i understand this, its just i have bad memories of getting exhausts (cheapish), for my cars years back and they were boomy as hell, which is not cool. obviously if you are paying the money you expect a certain amount of engineering to be involved which eliminates the boom...

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Know what you are saying mate. My last exhaust for my old car was made by a company called longlife, cant fault the exhaust itself quality wise but it was boomy all the time and that was just a catback. Blueflame have engineered these systems specifically for the ibiza and in ur case the leon. To be honest it you want somthing abit more subtle i would go for milltek,Know what you are saying mate. My last exhaust for my old car was made by a company called longlife, cant fault the exhaust itself quality wise but it was boomy all the time and that was just a catback. Blueflame have engineered these systems specifically for the ibiza and in ur case the leon. But if you want something alittle more subtle i would go for milltek. Heard they are very quiet until you kane it. But if you have it already you wont be dissopointed, and if it is too loud for you you can always get another silencer added i think.

Let me know what you end up doing

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
yeh will do bud..
£35 notes is cheap as fook, + tank of fuel & its still cheaper than gettin the exhaust sent and fitted down south. i have been quoted 1 and a half hours labour at most places...hmmm, i think a trip up north is now called for....you just need to get it on the RR now to see if the torque has improved...

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh 35 is dead cheap, they did quote me 50 to start but i mentioned i was coming from so far away so tney knocked it down abit. It took them about 2.5hrs to do, said getting the original downpipe off the turbo was a right pig to do, had to call in another two fitters to help!! But once that was off it was really quick and im dead happy with it now.Just give them a ring and talk to Nigel, tell him your situation and im sure they will sort you out.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.