Temperature fluctuation

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Last night, on my way home i noticed the engine temp gauge dropped from sitting halfway to just over a quater. Now i know it was freezing and i was on the motorway but wouldn't have thought that would affect the engine temp that badly. Anyone else experience this? Im hoping it was to do with the cold and nothing else.

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
The weird thing is that when i pulled into the services (got a bit worried) it moved back up to just under halfway. Then when i got back on the motorway it dropped again :shrug:

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
krishen,

welcome to my world

mine is always different, on the way home to work it was on half way, wne out at lunch and i looked down and it was fallen over all the way on the red, then on the way home 3/4. ???

ive had a new thermo and its made it better but its still not right. Midland VW said its a faulty gauge.

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
krishen,

welcome to my world

mine is always different, on the way home to work it was on half way, wne out at lunch and i looked down and it was fallen over all the way on the red, then on the way home 3/4. ???

ive had a new thermo and its made it better but its still not right. Midland VW said its a faulty gauge.

Just went for a drive. It seems to be working fine now. Il have to just keep an eye on it :confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.