De-Badging boot question!

123yusha

Im tired of people saying "oh your the one with a seat ibiza" so i want to take away the seat and ibiza badges and just leave the cupra on the back. Am i right in thinking i can do this without a heat gun and just use a hair dryer until they gently prize away?im pretty sure their glued on. And then the glue should roll off?

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
I actually did mine without heating them at all. Was bloody hard and i would not recomend doing it this way as you might take away your paint with it.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i did not use any heat or anything like that,just a credit card pushed under it,it was so so easy,took about two min max to do the lot

MACKERZ217

Sep 21, 2008
LURGAN, N.I
Debadged mine yesterday, with a heat gun, autoglym tar remover and kitchen roll, then give the car a complete polish using autoglym super resin polish, im going to put the badges on the inside of the car! will post pics later!

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
Debadged mine yesterday, with a heat gun, autoglym tar remover and kitchen roll, then give the car a complete polish using autoglym super resin polish, im going to put the badges on the inside of the car! will post pics later!

I used a heat gun with mine, worked a treat. What do you mean, put the badges inside the car?

MACKERZ217

Sep 21, 2008
LURGAN, N.I
Put the seat above the centre vents, the ibiza will go behind the ash tray and infront of the gearstick perfect amout of space, like it was made for it! here some pics anway haven't got the letters inside yet still have to remove the sticky stuff! and have got nothing to reattach them with! number plate stickys are to messy!

607736350a9431224033l.jpg

607736350a9431225136l.jpg

607736350a9431225369l.jpg

607736350a9431224782l.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photo! but gives you a rough idea of where im going to put the badges above the vents, above the centre screen and at the bottom of the photo infront of the gearstick before the ashtray!

MACKERZ217

Sep 21, 2008
LURGAN, N.I
Yea i am using the same ones, the only one that broke was the tiny s that went under ibiza, started on this one so i knew how fragile they were. i can still use it as it only bent abit, but i creased it when i tried to flatten it back! will use a blunt knife and tar remover tomorrow on my break to try and get the sticky crap off them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members