Official SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSi DSG Shots Released

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
9081002.013.1M.jpg

This looks boring. Surely this cannot be the ibiza equivelant to the super sporty leon Cupra. Surely there cannot be a 60hp difference! And at 14k you might aswell save a little more and get the leon FR which will probably be a lower insurance group.

Wanna buy one? This Beezer certainly ticks all the boxes for me; can't wait to see how it drives when it comes out.

Poverty

Damn that's proof enough:cry:
I am very disappointed.I think seat will loose a client in my face.
I was wondering LC or biza cupra but the engine probs in mk2 and this AT and poor engines is just too much
The only thing i hope for now is for powerful diesel in the ibiza cupra if not:givein:

The cupra that you and I wish for will be called the Audi S1.

Like this audi a1 sportback concept, but 3 door, sporty with a real mans engine and fully independant rear suspension,

112_2008_paris_01z+audi_a1_concept+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
maybe it's the angle, but that looks funny.

like someone got an A3, and drove it into a wall by pushing it with a bus

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland

Like this audi a1 sportback concept, but 3 door, sporty with a real mans engine and fully independant rear suspension,

I know it's a better car than the Ibiza and all that, better engines - but that looks terrible.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Thing about the 1.4 TSI is surely its towards the peak of its tuning for its capacity? Meaning not much to gain from remaps. 180bhp seems a bit weedy compared to the competition.

But i guess if it uses it in the right way then it'll be good

Poverty

The OTT concept look doesnt make it look too great, I agree, but the final product will be usual audi toned down conservative.

100120082027411377.JPG

Poverty

Just had a thought though, maybe the Cupra isn't ultra hardcore because somewhere there is a Cupra R planned?

That is precisely what I think. I think there will be a version above the cupra, for the ibiza, leon and the exeo too.

Abarth

Hello. My name is Eric. I live in the Netherlands.
My current car is a Seat Ibiza IV FR TDI and I'm looking to replace it at the end of 2008. Because I drive the car for work as well I have to choose a diesel.
So I really hope the new Cupra TDI comes out soon.

In the meantime I was able to find some pictures of the new Cupra.

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_01.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_02.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_03.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_05.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_06.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_07.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_08.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_11.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_15.jpg

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_2009_photo_1a.jpg

More pics can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:

Abarth

According to this dutch website the new Cupra gets brakediscs with a diameter of 312 mm for the front wheels and 232 mm brakedisc for the rear wheels.
The article does not say if the discs are ventilated or not.

Poverty

Would presume they are ventilated, Basically they are using the brakes of the TT or Golf GTI.

S-X-I

Look at the ride height in this picture

1005big.jpg

It makes the wheels look tiny.

Overall though I am impressed with the overall look. I think in the metal it will look even better.

As for the engine well Seat are just following other manufacturers in downsizing engine sizes to improve emissions and economy.

G!zmond0

Let's hope you are right but i doubt it,you too i think:happy:
I can't understand one thing.Why you guys are so thrilled about audi:confused:
The top model's prices are sky high and as soon as you buy it and put it on the road it losses 50% of the price.Not to mention the support of the car.If we are to discuss that kind of money you might as well buy MB at least it keeps it's price.
One more thing the "EXEO" is a very nice audi a4,probably on much lower price.I must say i liked it very much,very good car

P.S. How could they put these wheels and these brakes on it??? I mean.... come on,what a piece of s.it

Last edited by a moderator:

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
personally i like the front, i think the back looks dog **** and its way too understated oh dear why they didnt make the bocanegra is beyond me but sorry seat i live and breathe cupras but this is a pretty poor effort and it needed to be 200bhp especially looking like that:cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members