My MK4 Ibiza TDI *Write off #24*

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Hi Guys

New to the forum so thought i should start my progress thread.

I picked up my MK4 Ibiza TDI 130PD Sport on 5th September 2008. Got the car at a nice price from work as it was a trade in car. The car had only had one previous woman owner and was on 52,000 miles with a full seat/skoda service history!

The car had a few faults which luckily i had read up about on here so easy fixes:

Intercooler pipe vibrating off diesal filter housing
Airbox lid rattling off strut brace
3rd brake light on perminantly but was only the 2 brake bulbs blown
Rear wiper leaking into boot.

All these i fixed before paying for the car.

On purchasing the car i noticed with the log book i had a warrenty for H&R Springs so presume its been lowered just unsure how much lower it is.

The car was in a bit of a state when i got it, was filthy!!!!! and the numberplates were faded to hell.

So cleaned and waxed the car Saturday and chucked on some fresh number plates. Most of the scratches have come out now.

And also i rang up Will at p-torque in Wolverhampton (Only down the road from me)and im booked in on Thursday for a stage 1 remap. Can't wait to see how it drives then.

Enough of my guff heres a few pics after a clean:

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

My 3 babies together

106 XSI Track car (Work in Progress)
Saxo MK1 VTS
Ibiza TDI

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

Cheers Ste

Last edited:

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Tidy mate, you'll love it when you get it mapped :)

Cheers Mate. Its a great little car. First diesal i have owned so its something different to tune up. Should all be good.

Looking good. :)

Thanks mate. Looks alot tidier than when i first got the car. Don't think the old owner knew the concept of a sponge.

nice motor, il keep an eye out for you around wolvo:)

Cheers Evo. Where abouts in Wolvo/Cannock do you live? As your car looks familiar.

Ste

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Cheers Mate. Its a great little car. First diesal i have owned so its something different to tune up. Should all be good.

Thanks mate. Looks alot tidier than when i first got the car. Don't think the old owner knew the concept of a sponge.

Cheers Evo. Where abouts in Wolvo/Cannock do you live? As your car looks familiar.

Ste

i live near essington but my girlfriend lives in cannock so im always around that way, where abouts you from?

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
nice motor

someone else had 1 that colour...

Thanks Mate. Out of interest does anybody know what colour my car is. Need a touch up pen to remove a bad scratch on the nsr 1/4 panel.

i live near essington but my girlfriend lives in cannock so im always around that way, where abouts you from?

I live in Perton but girlfriend lives in Bushbury. I pop up over cannock way ever so often. So will keep my eyes peeled out for you.

Ste

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Something makes me think it was Eclipse Blue... it's very similar to the colour of my old car which was an 02 Toledo, that was Imperial Blue.

Muddyboots on here had one the same colour and knows his stuff, he might be able to tell you.

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Well today i was booked in at P-Torque, Wolverhampton for my Stage 1 remap. What a great experience i had whilst i was there. Will really does know what hes talking about.

After the remap my car made:

175bhp and 308lb ft of torque

I have only driven home from P-torque which is 5 miles away but oh boy what a difference the remap has made to the car. The car feels much smoother now when driving it sensibily but when opened up it pulls like a train to red line!!

I am very impressed with the service at P-torque and the remap in general!!

I am off to enjoy the extra power now.

Will try and upload the graph a little later.

Cheers Ste

Last edited:

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
good figures there mate, with all that torque i bet it pulls like a train

Cheers Matey. Definatly does pull. Feels a totally different car tbh. Just been out for a quick blast can't believe how smooth it goes through the revs.

When are you getting a clutch?

308lb.ft will soon kill the std clutch!

remninds me of my old blue Ibiza.

YEs the colour is Eclipse blue

Hey Sisson. I have read a few stories of people getting clutch slip etc but i don't drive it like a total loon so i hopefully won't have any issues. If the clutch does slip etc i will just replace it at work as i am a mechanic so pretty much everyday job to me.

Thanks for clearing up the colour for me, i have been searching the last few days but couldn't find a name for it. Hopefully now i can get a touch up pen to cover up the scratch on the nsr 1/4 panel.

Cheers Ste

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Haven't updated this in a while.......

But this may be my last update.

On Thursday night i was involved in a car crash. The car is a little worse for wear and got the insurance straight to the accident to take it away.

Really hope it can be fixed as i love the car! It had the whole package. Good looks (Well did!), nice handling, a great dollup of torque and it was a sensible and safe car.

Ste

Last edited:

TDiCupraChris

You have been dieseled!!!
Oct 19, 2008
Bournemouth
Haven't updated this in a while.......

But this may be my last update.

On Thursday night i was involved in a car crash. The car is a little worse for wear and got the insurance straight to the accident to take it away.

Really hope it can be fixed as i love the car! It had the whole package. Good looks (Well did!), nice handling, a great dollup of torque and it was a sensible and safe car.

Ste

Really sorry to hear about your accident, as long as your ok thats all that matters, you can always find another nice Ibiza, just out of interest, did you declare your remap to your insurance company?
I'm getting mine remaped in Jan, so thinking of declaring it just to be on the safe side!

tdi_swedge

Sep 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Really sorry to hear about your accident, as long as your ok thats all that matters, you can always find another nice Ibiza, just out of interest, did you declare your remap to your insurance company?
I'm getting mine remaped in Jan, so thinking of declaring it just to be on the safe side!

Hey Mate
Cheers! If it does come to it and it does get written off i will buy another for sure......and get it booked in straight away for a remap! My remap was declared with insurance. I didn't fancy risking it really. Not worth the hassle for the extra £60 it cost me.

Ste

T. Spark

Im sure P-Torque will map a new one for you if the old one is written off and just charge for labour?

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Hey Mate
Cheers! If it does come to it and it does get written off i will buy another for sure......and get it booked in straight away for a remap! My remap was declared with insurance. I didn't fancy risking it really. Not worth the hassle for the extra £60 it cost me.

Ste

sorry to hear about the crash, where did it happen in wolvo?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise