New Gauge POD.

Pics of the part :

gaugepod2pk6.jpg

gaugepod1ja4.jpg

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
That looks very good. I am guessing that just fits on top of the steering wheel bit? Was it custom made?

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
That looks very good. I am guessing that just fits on top of the steering wheel bit? Was it custom made?

It fits on the steering boss.

Its not custom made, they are available for Golf 4.

I imported it from the US.

Since I have now upgraded the power again, and will have to take more attention to boost pressures, I will be fitting the gauge there.

The pics dont do much justice, but once fitted it will look very neat.

fr man

looks mint mate
have a silver one too but does not look as smart. love it all the same

T. Spark

Great motor, and doing diesel's proud with that power, and maybe even more since by the sounds of it!

I recently changed my turbo, and was looking a custom manifold to bolt on something bigger, however didnt and just opted for the next step up, and am running 230bhp and just over 500nm.

I am however interested in your turbo set up, do you have pictures of the manifold and turbo set up? I have watched a few vids and the smoke seems to be OK, and if you have since taken some of that away with the new FMIC, would be just waht id be after, enough for people to know its a diesel as you go past, a!

I am going for a water IC kit next and hope to push my turbo up to what its good for a max. 260bhp.

I also might be popping down to Spain next year to see my brother, might come over to portugal to say hello :wave:

Great work on a awesome car.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Great motor, and doing diesel's proud with that power, and maybe even more since by the sounds of it!

I recently changed my turbo, and was looking a custom manifold to bolt on something bigger, however didnt and just opted for the next step up, and am running 230bhp and just over 500nm.

I am however interested in your turbo set up, do you have pictures of the manifold and turbo set up? I have watched a few vids and the smoke seems to be OK, and if you have since taken some of that away with the new FMIC, would be just waht id be after, enough for people to know its a diesel as you go past, a!

I am going for a water IC kit next and hope to push my turbo up to what its good for a max. 260bhp.

I also might be popping down to Spain next year to see my brother, might come over to portugal to say hello :wave:

Unfortunately i don’t have many pics of the engine parts and mods...

Most of the stuff on TDI upgrades has to be custom made... unfortunately...:blink:

My manifolds are made from aluminum and sort of curved in an 3 like pattern.

My last turbo (Garret 2256) popped a few weeks ago due to an EVIL REMAP. :cartman:

At the moment I am running a larger unit found on the new gen 6 Cyl. Merc. CDI engines. (Garrett 2056).

Its larger than the 2256, and has´nt had the tubines reworked, thus giving me more lag...
At the moment it opens up a little late, but when it kicks in ... all hell breaks loose...:rolleyes:
But I may just keep it like this as it allows me to hold back on throttle a little more… not so tempting !!!

Now it has much less smoke, coz the FMIC and Large turbo eat it all up... you will only see the occasional black puff when gears are changed... which is also how I like it…

I dont know what turbo you are running, but 260 is a already a nice figure for a TDI...

That’s more than enough on a TDI , Surely enough to thrash almost any car in its class...

My last controversial Dyno Test kicked out 254bhp/490 Nm, but I am sure its much more powerful with this new setup (Turbo + Remap).

My aim is 270hp... on an accurate Dyno.

I must take some time to make a few vidz shortly....

Please do visit when on this side of the world... you are most welcome... drinks on me…

I visit your side of the pond a few times also... without the Leon of course....
Going to be in London next week... and the week after that...

:clap:

Last edited:

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Stunning car, very impressed. Have read this twice now but cant find any reference to where you got the gearknob. Please tell.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
oops, don´t think I ever mentioned it on the post... sorry about that...

German Company - Makers of the Units for RIEGER and other aftermarket/OEM suppliers.

Their website : http://www.innovativcar-tech.de (now in English too)

I think I saw them selling on the German eBay some time ago, but I can’t find it now....

I ordered direct and can only say great things about their service.

I ordered JUST the knob, NO Boot, and specifically for my engine spec.

They DO differ because of the gear shaft width on smaller engined LEONs.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006

oh, dont forget to make a strong and sturdy support for your Turbo.

Many folks end up with cracked manifolds because of this... [B)]

T. Spark

Thanks for the reply's I am only running a PD150 turbo hybrid, so the manifold is all standard. However in time I will look at custom manifolds to bolt on a different turbo. Why did you not choose the 3.0 V6 turbo found on VW's?

Keep it VAG? :D

Mine is running 230bhp at the moment, but on a tame map, they usual run 240bhp+ so im hoping to get a IC spray then re-remap for more power. What sort of RPM's do you have power from and to?

Your car looks great aswell, not just fast!

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
oops, don´t think I ever mentioned it on the post... sorry about that...

German Company - Makers of the Units for RIEGER and other aftermarket/OEM suppliers.

Their website : http://www.innovativcar-tech.de (now in English too)

I think I saw them selling on the German eBay some time ago, but I can’t find it now....

I ordered direct and can only say great things about their service.

I ordered JUST the knob, NO Boot, and specifically for my engine spec.

They DO differ because of the gear shaft width on smaller engined LEONs.

Marco, thanks very much for the info, I owe you a drink next time I'm on the Algarve :D

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Thanks for the reply's I am only running a PD150 turbo hybrid, so the manifold is all standard. However in time I will look at custom manifolds to bolt on a different turbo. Why did you not choose the 3.0 V6 turbo found on VW's?

Keep it VAG? :D

Mine is running 230bhp at the moment, but on a tame map, they usual run 240bhp+ so im hoping to get a IC spray then re-remap for more power. What sort of RPM's do you have power from and to?

Your car looks great aswell, not just fast!

Thanks for the compiments... ;)

Re-Map will do most of the work... but map it after the FMIC is in place...

Initially my remap had power from about 2200 - 4500.

Now at the moment with the new hardware and software it opens up at 3000(for now) and has practically no limit... I can take it to the red ...[B)]

But when giving it stick i change at 5500rpm

Regarding the Turbo, at the time most big turbo´d VAG Diesels where 2.5 - 5 Cyl. which envolved a little more work in modding the manifolds.

The Turbos featured on Mercedes enginesare also known to last alot longer and behave better under stress. ie: dont break so often.

The Turbos on Alfa-Romeo 2.4 JTD angines are also said to be very nice...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.