Caveo's IHI Leon Cupra

Status
Not open for further replies.

caveo

Its about time i did another readers ride thread as my car is far from standard now so the 1st page will be the spec and the 2nd will be pics ( unless someone comments while im uploading pics ) . So here goes.......
2001 Seat Leon Cupra ( AUQ ) now 308 bhp / 368 ft/lbs @ 1.5 bar

ENGINE
1.8L 20v Turbo
IHI VF34 18g turbo
JBS tubular high flow mani
Autotech induction kit
3"maf housing
Forge ( k03s ) TIP
Forge 007p DV
Forge FMIC
4 bar fuel pump
430cc Genisis injectors
Custom-Code phase 3 remap
JBS custom 3" downpipe and de-cat into Miltek cat-back exhaust.

Suspention and chassis

V-Maxx coilovers ( dropped around 35mm ish )
Power flex poly bushes all round
Eibach front and rear Anti Roll Bars
S3 upper and lower strut brace's
FK wheel spacers , 15mm front , 20mm rear
Vibratech engine mounts

Transmission

SACHS clutch and smfw ( SPEC one lasted 300 miles )
Quaife diff
Forge short shifter ( not impressed with )

Wheels and Brakes

Inovit CTS 18" alloys in gunmetal
falkan 452 tyres
Brembo GT jr brake kit
Ferrado DS2500 racing pads

Other bits n bobs

R32 steering wheel
Ultra LED rear lights ( tinted )
C U P R A rear badge.
Saga boost gague ( bar ) in a nomad pod.
Black rearview mirror from mk4 golf

Last edited by a moderator:

caveo

P1000458.jpg

P1000459.jpg

P1000461.jpg

P1000460.jpg

car019.jpg

GRAPHS003.jpg

car016.jpg

ihi.jpg

caveo

Mats , you,ve had the pleasure of driving her ( pre quaife diff ) but didnt get the chance to open her up proberly so you know whats what.

Mat

Mats , you,ve had the pleasure of driving her ( pre quaife diff ) but didnt get the chance to open her up proberly so you know whats what.

indeedy. :thumbup:

only got to "blip" it in 2nd between gaps.

Gonna have to have a "proper" drive next time ;)

brad1

nice wheels, wondering where you got them from:whistle:, me or strugers1 telling you when you wanted new wheels to clear your brembos to go for these, they look nice mate, im refurbing mine this monday to roughly the same colour ;)
nice car mate:)

caveo

So its your fault!!!!! [:@] I could not the porshe brakes i wanted as yes the SPOKE clearance is good , BUT there is a 15mm lip on the inside of these wheels making them 17" on the inside. :( Im coming for you!!!! ( its a good job the brembo GT kit if fookng awsome )

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Nice car mate, must be fun driving it with that sort of power!

How about getting the rear lights clear coated? Would make them look much better I think

caveo

already laquered em mate , but they could do with rubbing down and doing again but im lazy with things that dont affect performance.

T. Spark

Sure its a monster now you have the brakes and diff to go with all the power (only downful it had IMHO)

I think we should swop cars for a day when I push mine closer to 260bhp ;)

caveo

Its def quicker but it feels not as mental somehow and ALOT better in the twistys thanks to the ARB's and Quaife.

brad1

So its your fault!!!!! [:@] I could not the porshe brakes i wanted as yes the SPOKE clearance is good , BUT there is a 15mm lip on the inside of these wheels making them 17" on the inside. :( Im coming for you!!!! ( its a good job the brembo GT kit if fookng awsome )

:lol: you asked for big brake clearance and we have already tried them on a cupra r with big clearance;)

caveo

SPEC clutch has come off now and a SACHS one gone on there and the car is alot smoother now , i just dare not drive it as im concerned i will demolish this one too and at 1100 quid i cant afford to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.