big bhp for Cupra

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sorry if it came across wrong, popped in made a quick comment and left again, that will teach me for trying to rush my posts.

Although for sure i cannot remember our "exact" conversation, your account seems pretty much how I remember it. there were certainly no confirmed views on going ahead with a map, although after seeing the figures others were producing, i think you may have said "maybe" when i asked if you were now tempted.

Anyway :cheers: glad your liking it :)

Never say never, and i don't think at any point did I say I wasn't ever.

Basically I was just watching, learning and weighing up the options before i jumped in head first.

I didn't say i was going ahead with anything at that point for the simple fact I hadn't really decided. :) And your correct i did say maybe.

But it wasn't a sudden change of mind or a snap decision. Certainly taken more time over this car than i did the Leon R anyway.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
pump

Yer it's not bad, a little down on some of the Ed30's which is odd considering it's supposed to the be the same map. But they are looking into it. Different ECU numbers and not as much development on the Cupra code. Hopefully i'll help develop it further. ;)

However the curve is smooth as you like and the power delivery is ace. Prefer the stage 2 code to the stage 1, love the extra torque from the pump.

ZBOYD,

Out of curiosity. How much is the pump and do you need to put on the exhaust as well to get the benefit.?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
You'll have to check with Awesome (APR) to be sure, as they used a stage 2 code on mine with the pump. Obviously having a performance exhaust would benefit in the long run, but I see no reason for it to be essential.

A new APR pump is in the region of £750 or they do a trade in which i opted for which is around £550. But again check with Awesome for the most up to date prices, as they bring them in from the states the prices may fluctuate.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Or go for the Autotech pump which is much cheaper :)

Indeed, but it should also be stressed that kit requires you or someone else to fit the internals into your stock pump. Where the APR is basically a bolt on replacement with the work done for you.

But they do the same job at the end of the day, pays your money take's your choice.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Indeed, but it should also be stressed that kit requires you or someone else to fit the internals into your stock pump. Where the APR is basically a bolt on replacement with the work done for you.

But they do the same job at the end of the day, pays your money take's your choice.

Very true, as I said at the Awesome RR day, welcome to the dark side Z :D

Raffles

Jul 17, 2007
Staffordshire
Hi ZBOYD I think it was you I spoke to at Awesome last Saturday 7th June. Do you have a scan of your power graph so I can compare it to mine as I seem to recall we have had almost the same power mods.

Alan.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Hi ZBOYD I think it was you I spoke to at Awesome last Saturday 7th June. Do you have a scan of your power graph so I can compare it to mine as I seem to recall we have had almost the same power mods.

Alan.

Here you go mate. Looks like your figures are almost identical :)

forbes.jpg

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Maybe in next week my Cupra is going to get new parts under the bonnet. These parts would be Full TBE exhaust (APR 3" DP + Milltek 2x100mm outlet, HPFP pump, Stage 2+ file with Exhaust file/HPFP file and APR intercooler. In future it would get also Aquamist Watermethanol inject system and 104-105oct (RON) RaceFile... :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise