Reupholstered Arm Rest

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi Maximum2000uk - wondered if anyone would spot that!! [B)] It is my new super dooper go fast Ambi Pur Air Freshener!!!! Great little gadget, saves hanging up those dreaded Magic Trees!!! :clap:

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
Interior looks superb! Will be ordering the interior trim :)

Also, I'd not realised the the aluminium pedals were from the Cupra - I assumed they are MkV GTi pedals? If they are standard Cupra, does that mean the Seat dealer can order and fit them for an FR? If so, how much?

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Yep you can get Golf Gti ones to fit as they are exactly the same but to make life easier I got mine from my Seat dealer and they fitted them on for me. I think I have seen from other guys on the forum they seem to be fairly straight forward to fit yourself but for what it was worth I just had mine fitted when the car arrived. If you sweet talk your dealer he might fit them free but are about £70 to buy.

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
for what it was worth I just had mine fitted when the car arrived. If you sweet talk your dealer he might fit them free but are about £70 to buy.

...Thanks for info. Looks like I'm going to be popping in to the dealers a couple of weeks before mine arrives with a list of additions :whistle: :D

EoinM

Hi Maximum2000uk - wondered if anyone would spot that!! [B)] It is my new super dooper go fast Ambi Pur Air Freshener!!!! Great little gadget, saves hanging up those dreaded Magic Trees!!! :clap:

Thats a great little gadget. just tried doing a search there for it. cant seem to find it. whats the exact name or where did you get it from?

Cheers

Maximus2000uk

Haha well I originally thought it would be a stupid question but having zoomed in on the image, I still couldnt work out what it was so curiousity got the better of me!

Ive ordered one for my own car now! Very clever idea and makes more sense than having a Minicab-esque Magic Tree!

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
hello how easy is it to fit the arm rest?, im jus woried if i order one then im goignto have to pay sumone to fit it for me?

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi singh123 If you order one it is very easy to fit, comes with a template, a few self-tapping screws and its a case of making a couple of pilot holes and simply screwing the armrest to the console. All in all about 20 mins to fit. The only awkward bit you will find is they give you a very thin piece of foam that goes on the inside of the tray to cover up screws and give you a bit of cushioning. Its not that great and far too thin so just take your time and be careful as it can kink up easily and try not to stretch it too much! Personally I didnt like it which is why I changed mine to felt as you can see in the pic. Cheers [B)]

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
hey stu thanks for that, iv orderd mine today from the seat garage £100 pounds and i will have a go a fitting it, if not of the dealers it will be lol

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
hey jus fitted my armrest in, it takes more time to get the foam thing right then it does it fit the arm reat, its all done and fitted, cheers for the help stu

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Haha well I originally thought it would be a stupid question but having zoomed in on the image, I still couldnt work out what it was so curiousity got the better of me!

Ive ordered one for my own car now! Very clever idea and makes more sense than having a Minicab-esque Magic Tree!

I just order one of these funky freshners but one problem for me...I got the flip top so I will have the flip cover when Insert the freshner how to get the top to unclip, not sure if you understand what I mean?

Maximus2000uk

To unclip the actual green scented pieces, just pick them out using your nail, and replace them...I think this is what you mean, but im not sure!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members