Boost gauge effects on Split R DV

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
On my way to work today this morning once the car oil had warmed i decided to floor it a little as i was getting late. i was so shocked to feel no power or torque!! i looked at the boost gauge and i was only hitting 0.5bar at peak and boy was it not moving anywhere fast. In 3rd it took forever to reach redline.!

i switched off the engine at the lights and restarted it straight after and boost back to normal peaking at 1.2 bar or there abouts. I was so surprised by the difference then realised this is the boost on non remapped LCs. Im so glad i have a remap really makes a hell of a difference!

Anyways has not happened since but i wonder if the cause of this is the hose connected to the Split R?? Anyways i Know how to connect it now popped off the cover today and a look at FPR.

However the hose will get hot under this cover in the middle of the engine, so will it not be possible to connect it to the pipe which goes to the inlet manifold?? like in the picture on the previous page i posted, if it works! ??

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
On my way to work today this morning once the car oil had warmed i decided to floor it a little as i was getting late. i was so shocked to feel no power or torque!! i looked at the boost gauge and i was only hitting 0.5bar at peak and boy was it not moving anywhere fast. In 3rd it took forever to reach redline.!

i switched off the engine at the lights and restarted it straight after and boost back to normal peaking at 1.2 bar or there abouts. I was so surprised by the difference then realised this is the boost on non remapped LCs. Im so glad i have a remap really makes a hell of a difference!

Anyways has not happened since but i wonder if the cause of this is the hose connected to the Split R?? Anyways i Know how to connect it now popped off the cover today and a look at FPR.

However the hose will get hot under this cover in the middle of the engine, so will it not be possible to connect it to the pipe which goes to the inlet manifold?? like in the picture on the previous page i posted, if it works! ??

your remapper should have vag commed your car first to check for problems otherwise you could have or 'are making the problem worse, sounds like you are hitting limp mode have you checked for boost and vac leaks? have you done a DV vac check?

and the place the other person 'tapped into is is done very roughly with B&Q garden hose,

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
I have connected it like this now please look below. Is this okay im reading -0.8bar at idle and peaks to 1.3 bar +/- there abouts. Dump valve back to normal whoosy noises are back!!

Anyone tell me if this is okay?

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Must admit mine is taken from the top of the split-R and has been fine (car peaks at 1.4 and holds at around 1.2) and nothing comes up on Vag-com, but now i'm wondering if i should move it to the inlet manifold?

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
need pics u squeaker
pics on this thread are all pre-facelifts that dont have the same arrangement of vac connections on top of the TB

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
:lol: Worked it out at last wot a :w4nk:

This for a LCR. The pressure pipe is on the fuel pressure regulator

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
your remapper should have vag commed your car first to check for problems otherwise you could have or 'are making the problem worse, sounds like you are hitting limp mode have you checked for boost and vac leaks? have you done a DV vac check?

and the place the other person 'tapped into is is done very roughly with B&Q garden hose,

Hi guys an old thread from a while back, but i still suffer this problem of limp mode once a week or so but its fine again once i turn the engine off and on. Yesterday i moved the boost gauge hose to the FPR and cleared the error code 17705.

However today i drove to work as normal waited for oil to heat up gave her some throttle and nothing! no power! boost gauge hitting 0.5bar max and revs taking for ever to reach redline. [:@]

I plugged in my hand held vag com and the stupid 17705 error code was back!

This really is doing my head in :censored:

After turning the engine off and on im back to full power 1.4bar peak and holding at 1.1bar!

Its been fine all day now but i know in a few days there will be a repeat.

Any further ideas guys on what is causing this!??

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
if it hadn't been for the error i would have said this was that common problem that has cropped up with remaps. That Seat have written an error on some ECU that on cold days its reads incorrect. I dont know the full extent of this as someone on here told me about it cos im getting the same but i dont get the error code

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.