Falken FK 452 any good ???

Blueie

He who dare's wins!
Jan 6, 2008
Anglesey
thats each then? not a pair....??

currently on camskill:
FALKEN FK 452 - 235/35R19 91Y XL = £96.10 each

is the RFD different? is there two versions, with and without rim protector?

:doh: lol sorry bud my fault i read it to fast i thought £100 od for one!

Tyler Owen

I've found the Fk452's to be tter than GSD3's they wear much more evenly i have had 2 set of GSD3's that have worn in the centre now and that with the tyre pressure below what the 2.3 bar recomendation from SEAT. Where as the FK452's offer better grip certainly less wheelspin and are wearing evenly at 2.3 bar and are Cheaper so i know where my money is going from now on.

Personally i think it's snobbery to go for GSD3 for the "cool" tread pattern but that's just my opinion

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
just burned out my 1st 2 and got 2 more sat in workshop ready to go on next week.

They're very nearly as good as toyo T1-S in wet an dry

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
For the price I don't think they can be beaten. I'm defo going to be sticking with them. Some people will tell you they are rubbish but different tyres suit different cars and the Falkens definitely suit the LCR :)

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
I put 4 on my pre-faclift Cupra (ie 16" tyres) and as mentioned above after scrubbing in they're really good. When I first had them fitted though I was half thinking of taking them back as they didn't seem to grip at all well, but that was partially because they were brand new so probably had release agent on them, and partly because Micheldever left one of them overinflated to about 45psi!

Coming from Eagle F1 GSD3s on the front and OEM Pirellis on the back, they feel pretty similar to the Eagles in the dry and a whole heap better than the Pirellis. In the wet they're good but I don't think quite as good as the Goodyears.

Check the Eagle F1 prices though before you buy, mine were about £40 difference for a set of 4 which was just enough to sway the decision, but if it was only a fiver a tyre next time I might go with the Eagles again, unless the Falkens prove to wear significantly better than the Eagles did.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i had 4 replacement goodyear gsd3s put on, which were great, then had 2 (yep 2), punctures in the 2 rear ones within a week, replaced them....then a month later i found a screw enbedded in both rear tyres..:censored:...think sum one didnt like me:confused:..anyway, to cut a long story short, thought fook this not forkin out for goodyears, so got the falkens...and tbh they are pretty good, not a problem wiv em at all...admittingly they are on the rear, and not the fronts, but i fink u kinda get me drift..:D

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Anyone tried Falkentyres.co.uk They are £57.70 each there!

Ahhhh by the time you add delivery Camskill are cheaper.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Camskill are great! Order 4 Falkens for 244 delivery next day to go on my new refurbed alloys. Wicked.

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Well I ordered some from Camskill and they arrived yesterday. £60.50 each. Got them fitted this lunchtime at ATS Euromaster in Cov for £10 each.

I'll report back on how they perform in due course once they are scrubbed in. For £70 fitted per tyre though I'm well pleased. Coming from a set of GSD3's on the fronts it'll be interesting to see whether they perform similarly or not.

wrightman

Hi, how do the Falkens perform in the wet? cos who ever had my leon before i bought it was a real, tight wad and put some cheap buget tyres on it and i am beginning to slip and slide in the damp mornings...

Always fun as i rush through our work security barriers and always end up wheel spinning it and being beaten by 'joe nobody' in his clapped out crap....

Do the Falkens like damp mornings???

paullec

Nov 15, 2006
Birmingham
i prefer f1 the toya then falkern, all good in the dry but in the cold /damp /wet thats the order i'd put them. Falkern have less fell in the wet i think think compared to the others.

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Hi, how do the Falkens perform in the wet? cos who ever had my leon before i bought it was a real, tight wad and put some cheap buget tyres on it and i am beginning to slip and slide in the damp mornings...

Always fun as i rush through our work security barriers and always end up wheel spinning it and being beaten by 'joe nobody' in his clapped out crap....

Not had them on long enough to really say. I'm doing a round trip of 100 or so miles over the weekend, so by the time I get back they should be scrubbed in. At the moment I can still feel the rubber dimples on the surface of the tyre they are so new!

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire

The falkens are ace in the wet/damp providing the temp is above 5.0*c
I found over the winter that they can be a little slippy on the colder days.
But who cares summer is coming now and they should be fine with days getting warmer.

Danzibar9

DERV POWER
Jan 8, 2008
South Oxfordshire
I have some 18 " falkens. I printed off the quote from camskill and got my local dealer to match it. they did and fitted them for me for £11 per corner. shhh dont tell anyone

Deleted member 7729

How do these compare against the Michelin PS2s. ignoring the price.. I've had the PS2s on my 17" LC rims, but recently aquired some LCR 18" rims that will need tyres in a couple of months.. I do less than 30/40 miles a week now (train it to work).. (Shame the car is at 76k)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members