IPOD Connectivity on Leon FR

jtr

Feb 22, 2008
Firstly,apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched and seen some answers but would like someone to confirm one way or another, or if things have changed.

I have asked my dealer about getting the dealer fit IPOD connection in my new Leon FR, the price quoted did not appear to much out of the way. However, I was more interested if the song titles etc would show on the standard Leon radio. I have been told yes all track info but only from 5 playlists, however, I have read elsewhere that it only shows track 1,2 etc like my old disc changer did in an Ibiza some years ago. Anyone know if the dealer is right or just trying to sell me something?

ChrisBurkitt

i'v got the ipod connector installed in my leon, and have to admit i expected more from it. It can be a bit annoying sometimes when you have to sort out your playlists before plugging in the ipod, and trying to memorise songs by a number (as previously mentioned above, the names are not displayed). . . but then the advantage is you can control it from the steering wheel controls and dont have to keep changing through your ipod (as with other aux/fm transmitters).

It has its advantages, and its disadvantages, and could certainly be made better.

nycolas21

Ipod cable

Hi all, i had a question about my 58 Seat Leon, i went for the optional Ipod connector, although i still have not yet managed to get a connector for it, could anyone tell me the best place to get one from... are they expensive? please dont confuse for the AUX connector.... thank you in advance.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Firstly,apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched and seen some answers but would like someone to confirm one way or another, or if things have changed.

I have asked my dealer about getting the dealer fit IPOD connection in my new Leon FR, the price quoted did not appear to much out of the way. However, I was more interested if the song titles etc would show on the standard Leon radio. I have been told yes all track info but only from 5 playlists, however, I have read elsewhere that it only shows track 1,2 etc like my old disc changer did in an Ibiza some years ago. Anyone know if the dealer is right or just trying to sell me something?

By new do you mean FL FR? If so it is probably easier and cheaper to use a USB memory stick for the cost of the actual iPod lead. The FL FR comes with a USB and AUX socket as standard (CUP). The new stereo will list 256 folders and as many tracks as you have I am led to believe.