What do you think I should pay for this car?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Nice cheap tyres, powerflow type exhaust & very optimistic power figures

I'd say the low end of £4k, though the mileage is low, it's a pre facelift therefore worth-less

varley16

Feb 11, 2008
ive emailed him about proving the ecu remap, if it hasnt got any then the remap isnt worth anything.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Looking elsewhere there's better value cars 'unmolested' which I'd sooner buy.

remaps are cheap these days, 'custom' exhausts will annoy you if your idea of quiet is not the same as someone elses

In fact there's one with about 8k more miles, for £2.2k ish at the moment that I'd sooner buy on ebay.

varley16

Feb 11, 2008
Looking elsewhere there's better value cars 'unmolested' which I'd sooner buy.

remaps are cheap these days, 'custom' exhausts will annoy you if your idea of quiet is not the same as someone elses

In fact there's one with about 8k more miles, for £2.2k ish at the moment that I'd sooner buy on ebay.

you must mean the purple one,or is it red? lol.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
To be honest you should look at all the mods to be worth nothing anyway, you deffenatly dont want to pay more because of them, i always think twice about a car with mods unless i knew the owner and who did the work and paper work to back this up, when i sell mine i will remove all the mods and sell as standard as i think they put a lot of people off.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think anyone would be put off by those wheels on that car.... they just don't suit the std bodykit

varley16

Feb 11, 2008
ok, ive decided not to go for that one.

ive seen a 2000 model on a "X" plate, do the early ones have any major problems that later ones dont? or are they still a solid car?

thanks

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
X plate ones will likely be better built, than the spainish models built later

You might get a proper 'cupra' with ESP & Leather on an X plate

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members