Cheap Upgrade on your 312mm brake system

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you have to prove where you get everything from on e bay, well i did, i sold 2 i pods that were brand new, and they wanted receipts and everything ended up blocking my paypal and shutting my e bay down with £300 in paypal, so they cant be knocked of,

I dont trust Ebay personally.. there is still massive fraud on there.
not saying they did'nt pick on you, but of the millions of transactions I bet they check only a minority... not possible otherwise.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Maybe thats the reason they are so cheap, ATE have found out that only very few VAG cars can run these brakes behind their wheels!
It only has to be about 10mm spacers on the front and if you have a Cupra R bumper and lowered, your rip your front bumper off!

The bells on those rotors dont have much depth on them, and also the carrier picture doesnt have much of a lip to throw the caliper back very far.... maybe thats it, cheap because "borught as seen" your problem if they dont fit...

Would make sense that way, as they HAVENT answered my question about the bell depth and the spec and sizes of the calipers!!

Something smells fishy but just cant put my finger on it, and as Stu says, I'm still not convinced those are no bigger than 312mm discs... the ratio in the picture of the bell and rotor just aint right to be anything bigger than 312mm

5x100 bells will be very flat.. thats the way they are.
mine are flat for AP 2-piece disks on brembo calipers.

Maybe of use, but a guide for brembo clearance is a requirement of 50mm caliper clearance as per this piccy> http://badger-5.com/bin/wheel-section-view.gif

maybe the seller can confirm the req'd gap also
regards
bill

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
5x100 bells will be very flat.. thats the way they are.
mine are flat for AP 2-piece disks on brembo calipers.

Maybe of use, but a guide for brembo clearance is a requirement of 50mm caliper clearance as per this piccy> http://badger-5.com/bin/wheel-section-view.gif

maybe the seller can confirm the req'd gap also
regards
bill

Yeah well I would have thought for 4 pots at least a drop back of at least 15mm ish would help alot of OE wheel fit these, but if doesnt look like even 5mm?
I guess wont know till Nick picks them up and shows pictures of them.

Yeah i have the same cut out for the ECS tuning kits for clearance, and on there print outs, they show the bell and rotor postion along with the calipers outside edge, and well they are at least 15mm back off the OE hub face....

Makes me think, spacers will be required with alot of wheels? :blink:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yeah well I would have thought for 4 pots at least a drop back of at least 15mm ish would help alot of OE wheel fit these, but if doesnt look like even 5mm?
I guess wont know till Nick picks them up and shows pictures of them.

Yeah i have the same cut out for the ECS tuning kits for clearance, and on there print outs, they show the bell and rotor postion along with the calipers outside edge, and well they are at least 15mm back off the OE hub face....

Makes me think, spacers will be required with alot of wheels? :blink:

Ball joint etc will prevent things moving very far - its not a case of just move it back 15mm..

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Ball joint etc will prevent things moving very far - its not a case of just move it back 15mm..

Yeah i know that Bill, i was merely talking about the ECS templates that they use to check if people alloys have the right clearance

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
i emailed him way before this thread was bought up, been watching them for a while, he hasnt e mailed me either, i payed for the brakes today so will see how long the postage takes

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
That makes the original link look even more of a bargain!

Surely there must be some catch though? :confused:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Look at the people who bought from him.

Someone bought ATE kit on Jan 08 for a leon / toledo and was happy with it.........

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
no reply to my email either.

i only asked if they'd be fine for a LCR with standard alloys. and what size the discs were

:shrug:

very tempted, as i have ultimax discs and ds2500 pads ready to go on.

this setup is only £150 more, and i could sell on the ebc / ferodo stuff

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Well I guess it all comes down to Nick then, when he gets it delivered, early next week?

Nick did they give you an address or phone number for returns or questions?

Something tells me, after that item gets to its finish it wont go up again for £550...more likely more.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise