Bulb Fitment

Mat

Hoping to get a Mk4 friday, and I wanna know if the HIDs in my Mk3 will go straight over to the Mk4? Are the bulb fitments the same?

Not too bothered if they aren't. I'll just buy a new HID kit. But I'd rather save the £50 if possible. Also, not had the HIDs long on the Mk3

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Both H7 from memory so yes. Actually, it depends on what model Mk4 you're getting. i.e. twin or single reflector setup. If it's a twin, then you should be ok.

Mat

cool

in two minds whether or not to get this mk4. think i will

needs a bit of work doin when/if i get it

firstly, transfer all my lighting across (HIDs, LED sidelights and number plate lights), get new LCR splitter, get sunstrip tint added

in long run, it needs coilys, spacers and ARBs. As well as bigger breaks, maybe an induction kit and of coarse, MORE POWER

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Should be fine then.

From the looks of things you should be prepared to get pulled a lot if those front windows are as dark as the pictures make them out to be.

Mat

Should be fine then.

From the looks of things you should be prepared to get pulled a lot if those front windows are as dark as the pictures make them out to be.

i thought that

on my Mk3 I have Limo tints at back and medium (50% ish) on front. My bro has the same on his megane, neither have been pulled

but i know with limo on i'll get told off :D

whats up with the plates? other than scottish flag :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
whats up with the plates? other than scottish flag :D

just that - been banned now :doh: along with the others mind too

The Road Vehicle 'Display of Registration Marks' Regulations 2001 mean that it will only be legal to carry on the registration plate the letters GB alongside the Euro symbol. It will not be lawful to have a depiction of the Union Flag, the Scottish saltire, the cross of St George or the Welsh dragon.

Edinburgh just scrapped and banned plates starting SN07 because they are deemed offensive - wtf is this world coming too

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ha, Ive never seen a car that looks THAT similar to mine, ie black with full tints! (although I decided to have a progressive tint so abit lighter on the front, even thought still illegal) But mines the facelift so not too similar!

One thing ive never been too sure of doing is taking the IBIZA badge off the back, and to be honest, I prefer it with the badge on after seeing that, looks blands IMO! :)

But nice car in all! :)

Mat

Ha, Ive never seen a car that looks THAT similar to mine, ie black with full tints! (although I decided to have a progressive tint so abit lighter on the front, even thought still illegal) But mines the facelift so not too similar!

One thing ive never been too sure of doing is taking the IBIZA badge off the back, and to be honest, I prefer it with the badge on after seeing that, looks blands IMO! :)

But nice car in all! :)

I'd also keep the badge on the back. Seen a red Mk4 on here (think its ad lavs) and not too keen with rear badge gone.

Might get badgeless grill on front like i have with the Mk3, and also remove the small badges on the back. But the big boot handle badge will be stayin IMO

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Sounds good to me! Ive left my Fr badge on the back also, its only small so does neither here nor there to looks kinda! :)

Not sure what badgeless front grill would look like on black, on red it looks alright, might look abit plasticy, and as you cant get honeycomb grill, might not fit in well with all the honeycomb plastics at the front. Havent done it myself, just thoughts for thinking! :)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
anyone else find a fault ? :clap:[/QUOTE]

service spanners up, ns fog looks to be discoloured (prob full of water)

Mat

Sounds good to me! Ive left my Fr badge on the back also, its only small so does neither here nor there to looks kinda! :)

Not sure what badgeless front grill would look like on black, on red it looks alright, might look abit plasticy, and as you cant get honeycomb grill, might not fit in well with all the honeycomb plastics at the front. Havent done it myself, just thoughts for thinking! :)

i reckon black looks ok with the badge TBH. I've not seen a black mk4 badgeless

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.