Choice of Brake Discs & Pads - Need Advice

Fallen Angel

Leon Cupra 1.8T 20v 180
I was intending to upgrade my calipers with porker calipers before i had to replace all my discs and pads however money has been tight, and i now need to pay out for a full set, so i'll effectively be paying twice when it comes round to the upgrade :headhurt:

I was looking at Black Diamond but i've not heard anyone mention them before.
EBC i will never have again, i had them on my pug Xsi and the discs warped badly and the pads broke down way too quick considering im not a harsh braker [:@] Waste of money IMO

What combination of discs and pads would people recommend on the 2002 Leon Cupra 180 for front and rear?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
think fronts where 110 odd and rears 60 odd just under and discs bout 130 front and 100 rear there about look in badger section he does them all im really heavy footed and harsh braking and they last me well so reckon they'll last most people well

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I had BLACK DIAMOND drilled and grooved discs on my old Rover 220 turbo and i wasnt that impressed with them, and the standerd breaks were really crap.
Iv now got EBC red stuff pads on my LCR and they seem fine at the moment

Blueie

He who dare's wins!
Jan 6, 2008
Anglesey
EBC i will never have again, i had them on my pug Xsi and the discs warped badly and the pads broke down way too quick considering im not a harsh braker [:@] Waste of money IMO

I agree never EBC agian bought a set of new EBC disc's and pads for my Pug 205 rally car. Bought new calipers and all, only lasted 5 min in the rally! Disc shattered loast my new pads and a new caliper!!!!! [:@]

Iv heard good reviews on the black diamond. I need to start saving for my disc's :-o 14" in the front and 12" in the back:cry:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i just bought some ferodo ds2500 and ebc groover discs that bill badger does there bloomin awesome

ive had these on for about 6 months now, cant speak badly of them at all, but im not a heavy braker.

oh and i should point out that when comments are made about drilled discs, there is a difference between drilled & dimpled

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I agree never EBC agian bought a set of new EBC disc's and pads for my Pug 205 rally car. Bought new calipers and all, only lasted 5 min in the rally! Disc shattered loast my new pads and a new caliper!!!!! [:@]

Iv heard good reviews on the black diamond. I need to start saving for my disc's :-o 14" in the front and 12" in the back:cry:

EBC's on LCR's are working fine.

What bedding process was employed on the ones which failed?
Anyone can kill any make of brake if abused and not bedded in properly, OR underspec'd to the duty.

I dont rate ebc pads myself, they wear disks to rapidly and harshly in my experience. DS2500 and DS3000 ferodo's work in a different league.

that said I have stuck some reds in my Audi's 8-pots last weekend, as they're cheap, but I dont hammer the car so they should'nt be too bad.

you do get what you pay for more often than not. I am satisfied with the LCR disks at the moment, complemented with DS2500 pads for a good all round upgrade which does'nt "brake" the bank. ~( :p)

Fallen Angel

Leon Cupra 1.8T 20v 180
Yes i agree, the EBC ones i had were dimpled as they had supposedly stopped selling the drilled at that time because of cracking, i think im going to go for grooved discs.

Whats wrong with Porker brakes Moff?? lol i can't afford proper big brake conversions :)

So the Ferrodo pads fronts are roughyl £110 & rears £60, discs around £130 front £100 rear, are they drilled, potted, grooved or combo?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.