s/s manifold

duncagr

i think i remember reading here that there wasnt a ss/ manifold available specifically for the 16 valve ibiza. I spoke to a garage in aberdeen today who are fitting my new supersprint system and the guy told me they listed a 4 branch manifold for approx 350, just incase anyones interested!?!!

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
http://www.tsr-performance.com/pages/index.asp

I got mine from them. for my 2.0 16v £350

Only problem was it fouled in bottom of bulk head slightly and eventually cracked the weld. Had repaired and its been fine since! Also i 'modified' bulk head slighly as theres a small box section you can cut away a little. here's a pic of it brand new:

manifold1.jpg

And fitted and heat wrapped:
manifoldfitted.jpg

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
http://www.tsr-performance.com/pages/index.asp

I got mine from them. for my 2.0 16v £350

Only problem was it fouled in bottom of bulk head slightly and eventually cracked the weld. Had repaired and its been fine since! Also i 'modified' bulk head slighly as theres a small box section you can cut away a little. here's a pic of it brand new:

Thought TSR were no more???????

How bigger job was it to modify the bulkhead and does it foul (even slightly) now??

What performance difference does it make?

The car came with a SS exhaust so wanted to spend that money on a 4 Branch and 100cel Race CAT but thought it couldn't be done??

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
Thought TSR were no more???????

How bigger job was it to modify the bulkhead and does it foul (even slightly) now??

What performance difference does it make?

The car came with a SS exhaust so wanted to spend that money on a 4 Branch and 100cel Race CAT but thought it couldn't be done??

TSR still have ebay shop so dunno?

It wouldn't be big job with manifold off. With on its very technical - long pointed bar and hammer LOL! no probs now! I would recommend checking and modifying before fitting! Its simply a box section and the lower section removed in a very localised place. I will do properly now the car is stripped by cutting out and re-boxing if needed.

I had on rollers and gained 16bhp + extra torque after fitting (was optomistic rolling road but same one i used for before and after . . .)

As for a CAT i got powerflow to make me a de-cat for £40 which is just straight pipe with take off for lamda sensor. Extra noice from this was imence!!!

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
TSR still have ebay shop so dunno?

It wouldn't be big job with manifold off. With on its very technical - long pointed bar and hammer LOL! no probs now! I would recommend checking and modifying before fitting! Its simply a box section and the lower section removed in a very localised place. I will do properly now the car is stripped by cutting out and re-boxing if needed.

I had on rollers and gained 16bhp + extra torque after fitting (was optomistic rolling road but same one i used for before and after . . .)

As for a CAT i got powerflow to make me a de-cat for £40 which is just straight pipe with take off for lamda sensor. Extra noice from this was imence!!!

You'd be a star if you could post up a fitting guide with some pics and measurements of what you cut/bash out the way???

well even an optomomistic RR that's a good 10-12BHP & no doubt an engine more willing to rev, I take it this figure included the De-Cat?

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
At the moment i have only 'bodged' the clearence for manifold. But i will be doing it propperly soon.

Fitting not too bad, just a pain!

Have to remove inlet manifold and old manifold was a nightmare to remove. Ended up drilling loads of holes so i could 'snap' old one off and get to bolts on the underside which had all seized. I fitted new head studs too (which needs a head stud puller for). I dont know if all TSR manifolds catch, mine did, but i would try it 1st. For the less hands on people i simply bashed the box section flat at the time because i already had fitted then i noticed the contact with bulkhead and didn't wanna strip out again.

and yeah, was with de-cat too

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
At the moment i have only 'bodged' the clearence for manifold. But i will be doing it propperly soon.

Fitting not too bad, just a pain!

Have to remove inlet manifold and old manifold was a nightmare to remove. Ended up drilling loads of holes so i could 'snap' old one off and get to bolts on the underside which had all seized. I fitted new head studs too (which needs a head stud puller for). I dont know if all TSR manifolds catch, mine did, but i would try it 1st. For the less hands on people i simply bashed the box section flat at the time because i already had fitted then i noticed the contact with bulkhead and didn't wanna strip out again.

and yeah, was with de-cat too

Well I won;t be getting mine till at least the end of the summer when get back some NCB and the Chassis is finished (Brembo's, coils, ARB's, poly bushes) and got the money together for a gearbox re-build with lower final drive & LSD :funk: will do it then as may aswell drop the engine out, can modify the bulkhead, fit manifold and clean the engine bay with ease!

If you could keep us informed of progress I'll be eternally greatful!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
'TSR Performance' did fold but was ressurected using ther old unit

The 'TSR Manifold' as its known was never designed or built buy them, instead they were imported from the far east and a hefty profit margine slapped on top of that too, you can get the same manifold from other online shops and at around £100 cheaper than you could it from TSR.

And its fitment :lol: the bulkhead does need 'fettling' to get it to fit ( http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lk3R_AlZfU ) I fitted VT race mounts to restrict movement as the Mani has no flexible joints.

Interesting figures regarding gains, I felt it lost a little bit of low end but a little better upper rev range however it could be of a much better design - equal length primarys and a manderal bend before the connection.

Will probaly end up getting one specially made for mine at some stage.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I was being polite that day, usually i'd use the C and F words :)

I do undertake private work if anyone else wants theirs done :D it also makes cramming a 3" downpipe in easier if you then decide to go 20vt conversion ;)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Yeah im the weirdo with the scaffold bar, Me and Stu both live in Kent, not exactly local to each other but a quick enough drive.
That video was taken from the Midnight Motors christmas eve modding session 2006!!

As for your comment Stu that is really wrong and very worrying

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise