8 disk cd changer??

jamesroobotom

cupra mk3
Jan 7, 2007
STOURBRIDGE
Got a pannasonic 8 disc cd changer, which is great cos i've got two extra cd's! what is not so great is that i don't know what series of buttons to press to get cd 7 + 8! fast forwarding the last tracks on cd's 6 and 7 is getting a bit old now! any suggestions?:headhurt:

bartsimmo

Oct 10, 2005
Cambs
I don't think you can but it would be great if I was wrong. I've put up with 8 disc multi changer for years forwarding to the last track on disc 6 to listen to disc 7 etc!!

jamesroobotom

cupra mk3
Jan 7, 2007
STOURBRIDGE
Tried researching it in the forums, but came up with nothing! I'm sure when i got the car the guy showed me how to change it... its been driving me mad recently:help:
There must be a way as it definatly knows there are two extra cd's in..... i would of thought it could go up to 12?

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
With your changers, is it "plug in and play" so to speak or do you have to get a different adaptor? I've got a standard Seat one but don't think it's that great so looking at getting a different one.

Mat

Tried researching it in the forums, but came up with nothing! I'm sure when i got the car the guy showed me how to change it... its been driving me mad recently:help:
There must be a way as it definatly knows there are two extra cd's in..... i would of thought it could go up to 12?

i considered 12 when i got mine, but settled for 6

jamesroobotom

cupra mk3
Jan 7, 2007
STOURBRIDGE
I've tried holding down 1-6, but don't seem to be getting anywhere as they have other functions.... You would think that that would normally select more cd's :shrug:
Doesn't work skipping back from 1 to 8, tried that.... seems skipping forward is the only way!
Am i right in thinking that it was an upgrade when buying the car or is it just an aftermarket thing??:confused:

jamesroobotom

cupra mk3
Jan 7, 2007
STOURBRIDGE
Right this may sound long-winded, but once you try it it is quicker then you think :funk:
If you are on cd 6 last track of cd (e.g track 18) and hold the '4' button down, it jumps to cd 7........ the same can be done for cd 8 and i'm guessing whatever your multichanger will go up to! You can go from track 1 to the last track if you press the <- (back arrow) as its quicker than going through them all.:p

This is what the guy told me to do in the first place, managed to get hold of him. Still seems alot of trouble tho, but it is quicker than what i was doing befor!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.