crezz dnt know if u received the pics i sent u so ill post them up too:

06012008394.jpg

06012008397.jpg

what u think?

p.s. i know the car is filthy

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Knownone else have or used Vredstein Sportrac Tires?

Read reviews on them got raved about, also look really cool but don't think you can get them in 195/45R16, correct me if I'm wrong??

With regards to Toyo's had varied tyres over the past 8 years including Yoko A806, 510's & 539's all had astounding grip in the dry but bordering on dangerous in the wet (539's were pretty good) or very cold, Also don't last 5 mins, went through a set of A806's in just on 3K!
Pirreli's a set of P6000 were very good but a tad expensive, didn't have them long enough to know about wear!
GF Goodrich Profiler G's & can't remeber the other model, jack of all trades but master of none, good wear rate!

Then 4 years ago I found Toyo's and have never looked back, had 2 set's of T1-S's & now on my 3rd set of T1-R's they wear a little quickly but the all round grip is as Mig says astonishing at times, got me out of a few similar scrapes in the wet & not kicked the ABS in, dry from cold there good and when warmed up they are almost as good as a set of Yoko's but with a much more progressive breakaway of grip, love em and they don't break the bank for a set of 4!!

Mate of mine swears by Nankang's never driven in anger on them so wouldn't want to comment but they're pretty good value to!

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
as good as a set of Yoko's but with a much more progressive breakaway of grip, love em and they don't break the bank for a set of 4!!

Mate of mine swears by Nankang's never driven in anger on them so wouldn't want to comment but they're pretty good value to!

Yeah forgot to mention that, the Toyo's dont just go "grip, grip,grip,absolutelly no grip, crash". The grip is progressive so a doddle on the limit and not too scary when you go past the limit (within a reason).

As for Nankangs, when I was thinking of getting a 200sx (before I decided to get a motorbike instead) there were a good few threads mentioning the Nakangs but the overall message was that they are budget tyres for a reason with little predictability and no wet grip (very scary in a 200sx)

Mig

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Im going to got for the Toyo's I think. Read a few reviews about them and also what other people have said and they sound like a good tyre so I think Im going to give them a try.

Im going to go with the 45 profile tyre as has been mentioned. Plus it might help alittle because I get quite alot of rubbing on the front with the 50 profile tyres I have on now. This is usually when i hit a pothole/bad bump in the road.

On thing, will it matter about the number before the V. My current tyres are 195/50/15 82V but the 195/45/15 tyres are 78V. does this matter?

Craig.

Pedro

The number is the load rating mate, 82 is 475kg per tyre, 78 is 425 kg per tyre. The V is speed rating.

Not sure what the required load rating of a 1.4 is (check your manual) but I'd be amazed if 78V isn't more than sufficent :)

The load rating is the maximum safely permitted for the tyre at the speed rating - V is 150mph odd, so unless you are going to be conering on two wheels at 150 you'll be fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
The number is the load rating mate, 82 is 475kg per tyre, 78 is 425 kg per tyre. The V is speed rating.

Not sure what the required load rating of a 1.4 is (check your manual) but I'd be amazed if 78V isn't more than sufficent :)

The load rating is the maximum safely permitted for the tyre at the speed rating - V is 150mph odd, so unless you are going to be conering on two wheels at 150 you'll be fine :)

Id would also be surprised if 78 isnt more than sufficient. I thought V speed rating was rather odd. But the tyres were on the alloys i bought and they were the right fitment for my car.

Craig.

Pedro

Id would also be surprised if 78 isnt more than sufficient. I thought V speed rating was rather odd. But the tyres were on the alloys i bought and they were the right fitment for my car.

Craig.

The number is only relevent to the rating after it mate. So your 78V are rated for the 425kg load @ 150mph (i.e. more than enough for your needs, remember the forces on the tyre increase exponentially with speed).

A 78N for example will only be rated for 425kg load @ 87 mph, (that'd be dangerous on your car!), so whilst the first number is the same, the letter after it makes a massive difference to the tyre strength.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
The number is only relevent to the rating after it mate. So your 78V are rated for the 425kg load @ 150mph (i.e. more than enough for your needs, remember the forces on the tyre increase exponentially with speed).

A 78N for example will only be rated for 425kg load @ 87 mph, (that'd be dangerous on your car!), so whilst the first number is the same, the letter after it makes a massive difference to the tyre strength.

Ah alright. I understand the rating system now. I only knew about what speeds the letters was suitable to etc.

Craig.

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
at the moment on my ibiza i've got toyo T1-R's on the front and Yoko A539's on the back, i ran yokos on the front of my polo and from comparing those 2 manufacturers i can say that the Toyos win hands down, they're much grippier in the wet than the yokos.

saying that they're were stretched and the current set arent lol

i am going to be buying 4 new tyres soon for my new wheels, going to be getting 195/45/15 and 205/45/15 T1-Rs :d as they are a bargain

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
actually the p-zeros are really nice in the wet, was pouring it down today when i was driving so i thought id test a few corners ....it had loads of grip. i didnt push it like in a race but it was a lot better than the other day, maybe i was still getting used to them.

the handling has improved a lot

road noise is minimal

grip is amazing in wet (think its better in wet that in dry tbh)

only downside is i wasnt overly impressed with motorway driving straights but fast bends etc in town are great.

Boi Ninja

Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
hehe u know what i mean... i mean i would be going fast on motorway, the car wouldnt feel gripped to the road and sometimes i can feel it moving right.

Boi Ninja

Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
crap ...i just found that i got rim crush on one tyre ...i musta done it when i hit a pot hole or something grrrr ...does that mean my tyre is now useless??? gonna try and get one tomorrow.

ok basically just a fat bulge on the sidewall ...im pissed, just got these tyres as well.

Last edited:

Oswald

I just replaced my tires. I couldn't find a set of Toyo's in 205/45/16 so I went for Yokohama S-drive instead.

I've bought them on Saturday and have since done about 250kms on them. They seem to grip a lot better then my previous tires, both when braking and cornering. I have read some mixed reviews on the S-drive though. I have them on the front wheels combined with P Zero Nero's on the rear.

I wonder if I should have searched a bit longer for a set of Toyo's though. Hopefully I can get my hands on a set when the P Zero Nero's wear out.

Can anyone compare the S-drive to the T1R?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members