pirelli p-zero vs Toyo T1-R

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
...no, stuck in my boot. im looking at them now grrrr its painful, i finish at 3...so i should fit them on then. then ill take some pics, i havent seen a black mk2 with mk3 rims before actually

...what u think i should do with them later? white, black or polished? or something else maybe?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i have to admit that i did love jenk's white ones, that was on my to do list but he beat me to it. polished might look cool, perhaps take a photo of one wheel and do some photoshoping on it.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
...what u think i should do with them later? white, black or polished? or something else maybe?
White hands down. Having seen Jib's white mk3 wheels I can only imagine how good that would look on a black car.

i have to admit that i did love jenk's white ones,

Didn't realise Jenk had them white. I'm sure they were dark grey, well at least when I saw him at GTI inters they were grey

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Ah thats Jib, Jenk had the super low gorgeous purple one with dark grey/anthracite coloured mk 3's.

I'd go white on your black car, like Mig says can only imagine quite how good that will look!!

Ollie

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Just went out to take some Xmas rubbish to the waste center and on my way back I was going down some quite narrow street when some nobcheese decided to completely pull out in front of me (he looked really hangover or stoned). I was like :-o , Anyways road was soaking wet, polo has no ABS. Was going about 25-30 so (but he pulled out only about 7 meters in front of me), so I'm thinking "oh ****", slam on my brakes and thanks to my Toyo's absolutely no drama, the car just stopped, no skidding, nothing. Like I said, the grip in the wet on the toyo's still sometimes amazes me.

Mig

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
im thinking of getting a set of alloys for the summer months and use the p zeros on them and put some proxes on the ronals for winter months

Mckellar

Jenks mk3 wheel were athrecite Grey, not white.

Jib has mk3 wheels in white, the red cupra.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I think Im gonna give the toyo's a try and see what they are like. I know the T1-R's are good in the wet but what are they like in the dry??

Ive read that they are a 'winter-only' tyre. So i just want to make sure.

Any places online i can get four tyres for a reasonable price?? Size im needing is 195/50/15 82V.

dont ask why i have a v rated tyre (up to 149mph) on my car, that was the size of tyres that were supplied on my alloys and my alloys are an ibiza fitment and offset.

Craig

Last edited:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Not sure about them being a winter tyre. If anything they are absolutelly crap in the snow. Lol, I manage to wheelspin my polo 1.4 in 3rd gear mid-power

Mckellar

dont get 195/50

get 195/45

you'll thank me later when ur alloys look better

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
dont get 195/50

get 195/45

you'll thank me later when ur alloys look better

Much agreed i have 50's on my wheels look crap, i though the same as you cruiser 87

Oh toyos all the way amazing grip in the wet, seem so soft and sticky in the dry kept me on the road a few occasions

Oswald

I have to replace my tires in about 3 months (I do over 2500km each month) and have been thinking about getting the Toyo T1R. But I've noticed on the Toyo site there is a Proxes 4 available. I've read a few reviews about them and they seem very good for my use (year round, Belgian weather). But most reviews I found are from USA.

Any of you guys have experience with the Proxes 4? Your weather conditions are about the same as in Belgium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
try camskill.co.uk ...£43 T1-R's

proxe 4 i think ther not as good as the T1-r's i think???

the Pirellis ....are not what i thought, dnt get me wrong their a nice tyre ...but man only going by my uniroyal rainsports i had before (on my 1.4 so different car) the uniroyals would win hands down in the rain ...the pirellis grip in rain is really not good at all!!

i should have got the T1-R's ....but im happy this way, its just anothr thing to look forward to.

when i was taking my white ronals off and putting the mk3s on ...i was hating it tbh ...its changed the car a lot, the caps in the centre make a LOT of difference though, they look a lot nicer with them, i think they have a 2tone colour?

...i think ima paint them Lexus White if i keep them... like a 2tone white, been saying i was going to do that to the ronals but i think that these would deserve it more.

should i keep the pressures at 36psi all round???????

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.