• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

nationwide mot

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
hi, anyone had any experience with these guys nationwide, they do mot, service etc.

mate got booked in for an mot tomorrow and, anyone know if they are quick with any repairs, i.e brakes, tyres etc as he really needs a pass for work.

cheers

happy new year

highguyuk

Dec 14, 2007
Stafford, UK
As with any National Chain, there are good and bad stories!

Personally for me for a service, they were spot on and very good.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
payed 33 quid for mot, passed through, took 40 mins.

waited while tyhey did it and the customer service was excellent

so if you do pay peanuts, you dont always get monkeys edmong.

so when you went to the stealers they werent monkeys???

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I know what type of mechanics they employ from experience working closely with them.

They used to be called Apple (got a bad name) so they changed it to Stop and Steer (got a bad name) now they've gone to Nationwide.

andycupra

status subject to change
payed 33 quid for mot, passed through, took 40 mins.

waited while tyhey did it and the customer service was excellent

so if you do pay peanuts, you dont always get monkeys edmong.

so when you went to the stealers they werent monkeys???

thats good news, but to be objective you would not really find out how good they are unless something needed doing.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
and mot cost is standard for whole country and regulated by the dvla (govt dept.)

but i don't agree that pay peanuts get monkeys - based on fact people state dealership workmanship is poor and you can't say that costs peanuts!!!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
and mot cost is standard for whole country and regulated by the dvla (govt dept.)

but i don't agree that pay peanuts get monkeys - based on fact people state dealership workmanship is poor and you can't say that costs peanuts!!!
from my experience the charge for an mot is not standard £33 is good, the local garage to me charge £50 and the garage i take mine too are £40 so it seems to fluctuate quite a lot.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon

VOSA control the cost of the MOT not the DVLA. A garage can charge what they want but cannot go any higher than £50.35.

What I meant with paying peanuts is the employees of Nationwide not what a customer pays.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
the 33 quid was with an aa member discount.

they were very good members of staff mates.

doncaster branch recommended.

overall very happy bunny

andycupra

status subject to change
VOSA control the cost of the MOT not the DVLA. A garage can charge what they want but cannot go any higher than £50.35.
QUOTE]

interesting, thats not what all the garages say around here when they went up from £25 to £41..
but i guess i can see there point, the VOSA cost went up, and i believe several minor things like adjusting headlights were added as something the station should do at no extra cost.

Certainly the place i go to which does not do any repairs, (just the test) now adjust headlights at no extra cost which they didnt do at all before.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
VOSA only charge MOT garages (i think) £2.17 per test and £1.50 of that goes to Seimens for the computerised system. So VOSA hardly make anything from it.

IMO if you run a MOT garage its a licence to print money!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.