Pulling to the left

sandro123

Yaldy
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
Its been pulling for months now and ive finally ran out of ideas on what could be causing it. Things ive changed so far -

Changed dampers and springs (springs twice)
Front tyres (on my 3rd set)
Brakes all round (pads on rear, pads and discs on front)
Wishbones and bushes on front
Had the tracking done 2 or 3 times, also had the camber etc done 2 months ago

What else could be causing it to pull to the left? As far as i know i havnt hit anything hard, curbs, potholes etc. I cant even remember when it started doing it. It used to only pull when i broke at low speeds now it just does it all the time and its a right pain in the hoop.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

sandro123

Yaldy
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
quite a bit of pulling, dunno how to explain it, i spose its the equivilent of turning to 11oclock maybe a bit more.

If i remember correctly my first though was that it was the brakes rubbing so it was the first thing i checked.

shantybeater

loving the whoosh
Sep 28, 2007
Bournemouth & Brighton
Just covering all the basics but Pulling to the left under braking?, just to check not under accelarating because that would be torque steer

If under braking i had a similar problen with my old polo but changing the discs and pads sorted it

sandro123

Yaldy
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
nah it pulls to the left all the time. it used to be more noticable under braking at low speed but it seems to pull the same all the time now. I though changing the discs and pads would sort it, but sadly not.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
looks like the only thing you havent changed is the steering arms? Dont understand why you would of changed the wishbones and bushes but not the steering arms?

sandro123

Yaldy
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
when i got my MOT done last may the guy said the front bushes were just about to go. so when i took it back to get the bushes done they told me it was only £30-40 for a wishbone, so the total worked out less to change the whole wishbone than to change the individual bushes.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members