Arm rest!

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
Just tried to search this with no joy, Just wondering if anyone is in the know about fitting the armrest and if the AUX port is still accesible for my I-pod?? Would be great if the lead went directly into the armrest and hid the I-pod??

Tony

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Just tried to search this with no joy, Just wondering if anyone is in the know about fitting the armrest and if the AUX port is still accesible for my I-pod?? Would be great if the lead went directly into the armrest and hid the I-pod??

Tony

I think there is two versions of the arm rest one for cars with the AUX port and one for cars without the AUX port. Not sure if you can put the lead into the armrest though.
Alex

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
I think there is two versions of the arm rest one for cars with the AUX port and one for cars without the AUX port. Not sure if you can put the lead into the armrest though.
Alex

Cheers Alex, just found what I was after on Seat.com. Like you said one with AUX, in black leather not sure how this would fit in with the Ref sport Interior??

Why didn't I look there in the first place??

Tony

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
I had the armrest fitted by dealer, being the one with red flecks. aux is inside armrest with plenty of room for ipod, chargers, sad nav etc. Its a must.

mike

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
I had the armrest fitted by dealer, being the one with red flecks. aux is inside armrest with plenty of room for ipod, chargers, sad nav etc. Its a must.

mike

Mike, how difficult was it to fit? Does it just slot into the cup holders or need cutting and bolting in?? Also is it the one for £100? Quite like the idea of the red flecks, I have the red/black ref sport interior and think it will fit in better?? Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Tony

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Mike, how difficult was it to fit? Does it just slot into the cup holders or need cutting and bolting in?? Also is it the one for £100? Quite like the idea of the red flecks, I have the red/black ref sport interior and think it will fit in better?? Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Tony

From what I remember reading it should be pretty easy. There are 4 screws and you just need to align it correctly and screw it in (someone correct me if I am wrong)
Think I might get one as my next mod too :D
Alex

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
From what I remember reading it should be pretty easy. There are 4 screws and you just need to align it correctly and screw it in (someone correct me if I am wrong)
Think I might get one as my next mod too :D
Alex

Alex, does it just screw into where the cup holders are then, or are there specific points?? Sounds very easy, might mean a trip to the stealers for one? If I get it I'll post you some pics,

Tony

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Alex, does it just screw into where the cup holders are then, or are there specific points?? Sounds very easy, might mean a trip to the stealers for one? If I get it I'll post you some pics,

Tony

I think its specific points that you need to screw it into (I am sure it was a post here on the forum somewhere)
For £100 its not a bad thing to add. Pity it suits a LHD car a lot better but hey if it hides the iPod then its good.
Alex

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
I think its specific points that you need to screw it into (I am sure it was a post here on the forum somewhere)
For £100 its not a bad thing to add. Pity it suits a LHD car a lot better but hey if it hides the iPod then its good.
Alex

I'll have a chat with the stealers soon, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the handbrake like the one on the Mk1 leon, cheers mate and Happy New Year

Tony

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Fitted mine over Christmas... took 20 mins I'd say. You just use the armrest as a templete and mark the holes with a pencil. Then drill the 3mm holes (6 I think) and screw it down. Then finally you stick a piece of non-slip foam inside.

It really couldnt be any easier, definately no need for a dealer...

Chris

(P.S. Fitted the Ally trim at the same time, another 20 mins - Happy Christmas Car!)

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Tony

As stated by others, armrest screws direct into centre console. Mine is the 100 quid dealer model, with removable rubber cover that fits over cup holders inside. No issues getting to handbrake, but getting to door open button is a little more difficult.

happy new year

Mike

Xe

Or you could get an Italian black leather armrest that opens and closes, as well as sliding backwards and forwards for ultimate motorway cruising comfort ;)

I also combined mine with a cable free iPod dock that works with all iPods and the new iPhone too! (tested and confirmed)

>> Have a look <<

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Does the Seat armrest give any more storage space? Or is it basically a cover over the armrest?

DaveI

Oct 5, 2007
Dealer supplied arm rest in my FR:

1969264838_76399fb133.jpg

Covers the aux in but it's still useable and adds loads of storage space.

langy

Aug 9, 2006
I've had an armrest in my Ref Sport for 9 months. I got it from a UK dealer and it has the red flecks, which kind of match the ref sport interior. It only cost me £50, so if you are paying £100, you ARE getting ripped off. It's a doddle to fit, (all you need is a screwdriver and a drill) and mine has the hole for i-pod connextions etc, even though i don't have an aux-in.

The armrest does give you a bit more storage space, you can get phone chargers etc, in it and a small bottle of water. It is can be a pain for pressing the door unlock button, but if you are worried about that, I suggest you have bigger issues :blink:

In my opinion the arm rest is a no brainer.

HTH

langy

Aug 9, 2006
:whistle: :doh: my mistake, mine was £100 so i'll eat my humble pie and get back to work :fool:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.