• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Spa boost gauge ftting

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
I've tried searching, not many people seem to have a Spa boost gauge. The pressure adapter is different, more like an oil sensor than a boost sensor.

There isn't any tubing running to the back of the gauge either, just a multi plug which leads to the sensor and battery wires...:confused:

Anyone fitted this gauge? Where did you tap into? Any pictures?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I've tried searching, not many people seem to have a Spa boost gauge. The pressure adapter is different, more like an oil sensor than a boost sensor.

There isn't any tubing running to the back of the gauge either, just a multi plug which leads to the sensor and battery wires...:confused:

Anyone fitted this gauge? Where did you tap into? Any pictures?

The SPA gauage you have is electrical not mechanical. To fit it properly you need to tap into same alloy pipe going to your intercooler or fit it to an EGR replacement pipe like mine. SPA stuff are not easy to fit but they are very good.
Picture1076.jpg

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
Cheers mate, errr I think!!

I am totally confused - always thought that pipe area was the oil filter - that's where I plumbed in the oil temp gauge...

Think I need to find a diagram of the engine!!

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I have a 2.0 PD engine which has a different layout then the 1.9 PD. Saying that my engine layout isn`t like any other 2.0 PD.
This is a picture with the boost censor in view on my old turbo set up.
Picture1071.jpg

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
Thanks for that - think I'm going to just tap it into an IC pipe - is it just a case of drilling a big hole? Don't worry, going to get a more competant mate to do it :lol:

If I make the hole after the IC then surely I can monitor charge temps too??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.