Boost gauge effects on Split R DV

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Hi people,

Just a quick one for people with boost gauges or not. I have recently added 2 gauges oil temp and the boost one.

Both work great and look very nice lit up at night but i have noticed less dump noise now from my DV.

Dont know if any one knows the answer to this one or if its just my imagination but could be because now there is a hose going to the gauge from T-piece connected to the Split R hose leading to less blow off affect????:confused:

Cheers.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
there have been rumours of forge saying that a dv cant be connected in the conventional way
but i have never seen anything from forge

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Im 99% sure I have seen it said officially from Forge that you cannot connect a boost gauge to the split R in the conventional way.

I can't remember where I saw it though.....perhaps one to post in the forge section?

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Im 99% sure I have seen it said officially from Forge that you cannot connect a boost gauge to the split R in the conventional way.

I can't remember where I saw it though.....perhaps one to post in the forge section?

Cheers for the replys so quickly so if this is the case where else could the boost hose be connected to instead of to the hose on top of the DV??

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Remove the vacuum reservoir and use that hose, or T into a different hose that comes off the inlet manifold. Many have used the fuel pressure regulator hose and T'd into that for their gauge.

Dosn that effect the fueling? what if theres leak? :rolleyes:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'v got a FORGE split r and taken the boost guage feed from the vacume pipe on the fuel presure regulator . It's had no effect to noise for fuel consumption and no smell of fuel.
One of the guys at AmD told me to take it from there , it's been on about 3 week's now and everthing seems ok (fingers crossed)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You dont really need to cut the pipe mate. If you got a vocume pipe with the guage just cut a couple of inch's off, put the T in the end of the OE pipe and the 2" bit between the FPR and the T piece

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
You dont really need to cut the pipe mate. If you got a vocume pipe with the guage just cut a couple of inch's off, put the T in the end of the OE pipe and the 2" bit between the FPR and the T piece

Thanks for the info but unfortunately the hose i got with the gauge was the clear plastic one and its not long enough to go to the FPR. will need to order some from forge i think:shrug:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Thanks for the info but unfortunately the hose i got with the gauge was the clear plastic one and its not long enough to go to the FPR. will need to order some from forge i think:shrug:

Dont use the clear pipe, the heat from engine will cause it to crack.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Just had a look in the shed and i'v a bit of blue tube ( about 2" long) you can have. :)
If tou can get down to Catford ill show you how to fit it if not pm me your address and ill post it to you mate

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Just had a look in the shed and i'v a bit of blue tube ( about 2" long) you can have. :)
If tou can get down to Catford ill show you how to fit it if not pm me your address and ill post it to you mate

Im quite far from you mate and my clear plastic was about a 1 metre in lenght and that was just about okay but a tight fit and i mean doing it properly so the hose is tucked away to the side of the engine bay. 2 inches or 2 foot wont be enough i need at least 1.5 metres i think and forge sell 3 metres for a fiver i think. Thanks for the offer tho. [B)]

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Remove the vacuum reservoir and use that hose, or T into a different hose that comes off the inlet manifold. Many have used the fuel pressure regulator hose and T'd into that for their gauge.

So do you think it is okay to connect the hose like this member??

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
could one of you guys take a quick pic for reference of the line tapped into FPR hose.

m0rk's link was just to Pabs' guide who has it on top of his 007d/v

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.