forge front mount brackets!!!

craigy123

hunting for more ponnies
Jan 11, 2007
Fife, Scotland
anyone had the two top brackets on there front mount snap?? mine did lastnight in exactly the same place on both sides!!! it only grounded at the front a wee bit, im guessing the bumper came up and hit the bottom of the cooler!!! gona have to get them welded if they can be hopefully, any hints for taking the front bumper off?? cheers :help:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
If they can snap so easily mate then your best best is to get 2 made up of stronger material, wont cost alot from a local fabricators I'd imagine

craigy123

hunting for more ponnies
Jan 11, 2007
Fife, Scotland
If they can snap so easily mate then your best best is to get 2 made up of stronger material, wont cost alot from a local fabricators I'd imagine

was thinking that myself, my mates very handy with a welder and know a fabricator so may just get that done!! i was a bit shocked!! heard a knocking noise a pulled over, to find my intercooler swinging about!!! never good!!

craigy123

hunting for more ponnies
Jan 11, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Very lucky it didnt fall out and catch the road, an expensive accident that would have been lol

you bloody right there mate!!! got one tiny wee scratch on one of the conrers thats it!! think it was resting on the inside of the bumper if you get what i mean??

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
forge warranty??? worth looking into before you try and fix it yourself as this may void any claim.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Yea I get it, try get shorter brackets to lift it a bit, might clear the bumper and give you piece of mind that its unlikely to happen again lol

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
The original L shape brackets were prone to snapping. Mine has and two others have, but now they've changed the design to beef up the support. I think this was done not long after the first lot of coolers were made, so you must have one thats ~2 year old.

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

And now....

DSC04101.jpg

I had a replacement asap free of charge, they'll sort you out mate. ;)

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
mine did exactly the same thing i didn't bottom out on anything though mine just snapped, contact forge they will send you a new one.... well they sent me a new one

craigy123

hunting for more ponnies
Jan 11, 2007
Fife, Scotland
The original L shape brackets were prone to snapping. Mine has and two others have, but now they've changed the design to beef up the support. I think this was done not long after the first lot of coolers were made, so you must have one thats ~2 year old.

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

And now....

DSC04101.jpg

I had a replacement asap free of charge, they'll sort you out mate. ;)

thats exactly whats happened!! i'll contact forge

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
same thing happened on my mk1 design cooler, phone forge, stupidly good customer service, they changed mine FOC with next day delivery (called them at 3pm and they didnt have one on the shelf, made it and dispatched it before 5pm!!) and then arranged for a courier to collect the old one when it was cool for me, top blokes and never worry about anything with them, i did purchase the cooler mind though so dont know where u stand warranty wise but they werent fussed about a receipt when they sorted mine

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.