Bhp For 1.2 12v

Deleted member 5985

Yeah 64 or 70bhp for the newer ones. Mine RR'd at 78.5bhp, not too bad.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
You RR a 1.2 lol. Yes they are quite nippy though I must say, I had one for awhile and loved it great on the fuel and probably one of the quicker 1.2s out there

T. Spark

what constitutes as a newer 1.2 12v model??

i have a 2004 sx 1.2...is this the 64hp or 70hp???

Thats a older model with 64hp.

Both myself and JBS Mike back in the day RR'd out 1.2, mine came out with 54bhp :confused: esp. when mikes was RR'd minutes later with 69bhp.

Of course, I was a diesel man at heart even then, and had a few more lb/ft than he did, and the really weird thing was... my Ibiza 1.2 was quicker than his!? :)

1.2 power

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
hahah.....

But what i find odd is....the stats for the 1.2 12v (64hp) say that top speed it around 100mph......but ib heard variations to this with someone telling me they did 110 with 17's on!

how is that poss???

T. Spark

hahah.....

But what i find odd is....the stats for the 1.2 12v (64hp) say that top speed it around 100mph......but ib heard variations to this with someone telling me they did 110 with 17's on!

how is that poss???

For a start the speedo's at those speeds arent accurate at all. Esp when changing the wheels.

So more than likely, he was doing 100mph give or take.

Also, road level helps ALOT, so even a slight down hill will see a extra few mph.

Not going into detail, but both me and mike (using each other to slipstream) saw 120mph on a private airfield in out 1.2's with a slight downhill to it.

Ive seen 149mph on the same airfield since in my new car :) That speed just isnt right in a little Ibiza and soon slowed down to a more comfy 80ish (real cruise speed for the mpg! )

Poverty

the larger rim size knocked his speedo out. Its reading higher than what he was doing.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
You RR a 1.2 lol. Yes they are quite nippy though I must say, I had one for awhile and loved it great on the fuel and probably one of the quicker 1.2s out there

I must say, i can't wait for my wife to come home, so i can go for a spin and check the car is working ok ;)

love the sound of it. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.