Remote c/l not wrking

roberts189

Im having trouble with my keyfob it 1 day just decided to stop wrkin so i changed the battery and stil nothing i paid 2 have the keyfob reprogrammed via diagnostics but still no joy anyone had this problem or have any suggestions PLEASE????????

roberts189

Tried disconnecting the battery but had no joy, any other ideas?? I cnt find anyone who seems interested at looking at it they just want to sell me a new alarm system which I dont realy want. Any ideas welcome

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Tried disconnecting the battery but had no joy, any other ideas?? I cnt find anyone who seems interested at looking at it they just want to sell me a new alarm system which I dont realy want. Any ideas welcome

have checked you central lock fuses? you spare fob does that work?

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Where abouts are you mate?

It could be a case of recoding it or re adapting the fob with VAG-COM, I could have a look if you like.

Although I am not sure why it would suddenly stop working!

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
Could it be a dodgy Convenience unit? Have any other things stopped working, interior lights for instance?
My indicators have stopped flashing when I lock the doors remotely and I was told it was the Convenience unit and that it's not cheap to replace so best to live with it unless anything important packs up.
There are quite a few posts if you do a search on it.

Scamps

My remote keyfob stopped working two weeks ago. My other key (a flip key) worked fine so I thought it was the battery. Changed this and still had no joy:confused:

Tried coding it to the car using the manual, no difference:shrug:

Took it to the dealers as i had two days left on my warranty. They tried re-coding it using their equipment....nope:censored:

They then said that sometimes they just stopped working and it costs £30 for a new unit (fortunately free for me due to the warranty).

If it still starts the car (the immobilser chip is ok) then it may just be that the remote unit has given up the ghost.

roberts189

fob

I live in Birmingham. I have had the fob reprogrammed but that didnt work and I dont have a spare one. Im running out of ideas now there is some signal coming from the fob because that has also been tested?????

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
All I can suggest is that the reprogramming didn't work properly or that the coding for the alarm and C/L is incorrect.

It might be worth a dealer trip mate....Dare I say it!!

roberts189

Yeh tis workin now atlast I just had a standard alrm with a petrol cut off nothing too great but I gota mate to sort me out cost about £130 which worked out chear than a new key lol

roberts189

Im guessing the problem with mine woz the keyfob as I tried it with one of those signal detector thingys and it woz giving out a signal but the detector just flashed once where all other fobs give a sequence of flashes n iv heard of a cuple of other people whos fobs have suddenly stopped working, but for the price Seat want for a new fob and to program it its worth putting the extra bitta $ n gettin a new alarm

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Im guessing the problem with mine woz the keyfob as I tried it with one of those signal detector thingys and it woz giving out a signal but the detector just flashed once where all other fobs give a sequence of flashes n iv heard of a cuple of other people whos fobs have suddenly stopped working, but for the price Seat want for a new fob and to program it its worth putting the extra bitta $ n gettin a new alarm

You can get a new fob, cut and reprogrammed for under £50. Seat want about £150. Just need to someone with VAGCOM to help you out or a friendly dealer who programmed mine for free under warranty.