Tomtom GO mounts, auto-dip mirror

Eccles

I've found the couple of threads or so about Tomtom Go mounts, but I wondered if anyone out there has tried the Brodit one linked from the other posts, but the variant that sits by the right middle vent? Here's the one I mean, culled from the www.dsldevelopments.com site:

653714-4.jpg

I can't see how it's actually fitted (is it easy? does it cause any damage?); also how rigidly fixed is the Tomtom; i.e. is it any good? I assume you have to buy two bits: the dash mount and the adaptor for the Tomtom. Does the photo just show the dash mount with no adaptor? I can't see how any holes, how does the adaptor bit actually fit?

My next question is: with the automatic dipping rear view mirror, apart from being an utterly brilliant option and well worth the dosh, what's the point of the two downward pointing red LEDs? :confused:

A previous Audi A6 of mine had them too and I must admit I quite like them (took me a while to find where the red glow came from in the A6...); I assume they're are simply for 'ambience', but then why don't all variants have them or do they fit them 'cos they look nice and with the auto-dip mirror there's a convenient power source. I'm just intrigued really.

Cheers!

'07 TFSI Sport in grey :)

sp1derman78

Sep 12, 2007
I have that one , see pics HERE

1829233006_750b147484.jpg

The adaptor comes with 4 screws to screw into the bracket. I didn't bother with them I used No More Nails :D. The bracket has a plastic clip at the top that clips under the centre console dash and another plastic tab vertical thats meant to clip in between the dash console on the right. Both ends also have adhesive pads. Personally I've only clipped it in on the top and not used the adhesives as I want to be able to remove the whole bracket easily.

I've just driven from midlands to glasgow tonight with the TomTom on it and it never moved an inch. I'm very happy with it.
1828414837_d9d0f63c68.jpg

I have the auto dimming mirror too and have no idea about the red rights function:think::)

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
My next question is: with the automatic dipping rear view mirror, apart from being an utterly brilliant option and well worth the dosh, what's the point of the two downward pointing red LEDs? :confused:

Purely cosmetic to give a cool glow at night over the gear stick area. You can't get enough bling if you ask me. :)

Scott

Eccles

Thanks to all (so far?) - those mounts do seem a little steep, but if they work... It does seem odd that SEAT are prepared to offer a wired-in option but nowhere slightly more practical to mount it (than sticking on to the windscreen and the problems that brings).

I love those red LEDs by the way, whatever they're meant for - as Syphon has said, the red glow is great.

Eccles

Sp1derman78, I do have a couple of questions: the 'fit' between console and dash top in my car is excellent, despite the fact the company supply a wedge, how do you wedge the bracket in? Doesn't it dislodge the dash a little, possibly setting up creaks and squeaks? Also, about by how much does it block the vent (especially in the summer)?
Eccles

sp1derman78

Sep 12, 2007
Sp1derman78, I do have a couple of questions: the 'fit' between console and dash top in my car is excellent, despite the fact the company supply a wedge, how do you wedge the bracket in? Doesn't it dislodge the dash a little, possibly setting up creaks and squeaks? Also, about by how much does it block the vent (especially in the summer)?
Eccles

Hi Eccles, using the wedge you really don't have to use much force.....the bracket has a very small lip that will tuck in underneath the dash console. Since I've fitted it I removed it once(last night) and you wouldn't know anything had been fitted to the dash console.

Regards the vent being partially blocked other than the photo above I'll have to let you know another night when I'm back in the car and put the bracket back on.:)

Michael B Yes you need to buy both, but its worth it for a clean solution and far better than messing with TomTom in the windsreen.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members