Cupra (180) Front Strut Brace?

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
Already got the rear strut brace from Forge on order but cannot source a front one that fits the Cupra 180.

Is there one out there guys?

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
I've been told this one doesn't fit the Cupra.

On the same subject, has anyone tried the OMP lower front strut brace? And, if so, does it do anything noticable?

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
the seat sport one does fit, although i had to trim the engine cover.....

DSCF0013.jpg

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
You've made my day, thanks for that. Does it improve things?

Controversal opinion's on whether a strut brace improves the handling.
Personnally I think it helped my FR handle a 'bit' better, but it did seem to provide alot more feel through the steering wheel which is a big plus for me.

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
i noticed a small improvement but nothing major to be honest, perhaps i dont push the car hard enough though?! i think it looks sweet though so im still happy with it.

dont forge do an adjustable front brace, or does that not fit?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the forge 1 does fit as a guy called cupra jay has 1 on his cupra 180 the seat sport one fits straight on you do need to trim the engine cover a tad to stop it fowling on the strut brace but is DEAD EASY and looks no diffrent :) £50 well spent on looks mainly but did make a very slight diffrence but dont exspect miracles if your never going to lift your bonnet id put the money to something else imo

Bubsy

Feb 16, 2007
Finally got th Seat Sport front and Forge rear struts on this weekend. Main things I noticed are better turn in and better traction out of corners. The poer seems to be going down better as there is less whel spin.

Thanks for the help guys

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.