Tom Tom Wiring

Gordon F

Does anyone have the factory pre-installed wiring in their car? When I was looking for a Tdi FR last month, there were none in the country with the tom tom option, and now it is being deleted after the week 45 builds. Is it something that can be retro fitted?

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Does anyone have the factory pre-installed wiring in their car? When I was looking for a Tdi FR last month, there were none in the country with the tom tom option, and now it is being deleted after the week 45 builds. Is it something that can be retro fitted?

It would appear it cannot be retro fitted mate, although you can still buy the dash mount then wire it into your fuse box to be able to power the Tom Tom.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I have it on mine, not got the dash mount kit for it as yet, nor a tom tom but got it for a future purchase. The dash mount kit is £135 ish though. As far as I can tell the pre installed wiring is just to the fusebox and "when" you get the dash mount kit the tom tom will work through the cars speakers. I can`t physically see anything but am assured it is wired up and only need to acess the wiring via the side pod on the dash(where the fusebox was on a mk1 leon) As cupra r said can`t be retro fitted to work through the car speakers, as far as I know:shrug:

AttyNW

Aug 28, 2006
Warrington, Cheshire
At the moment I only use the mount to charge the Tomtom so it just has permanent and switched live supplies.
I only managed to get hold of the wiring diagram yesterday so I have not had time to experiment yet.
I would be happy with the dash mount as it is now if the hands free worked as it should. The problem is that when I have it on the Dash Mount and use the hands free the mic doesn't work. I think maybe the factory prep includes a pre installed mic.

Atty

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
At the moment I only use the mount to charge the Tomtom so it just has permanent and switched live supplies.
I only managed to get hold of the wiring diagram yesterday so I have not had time to experiment yet.
I would be happy with the dash mount as it is now if the hands free worked as it should. The problem is that when I have it on the Dash Mount and use the hands free the mic doesn't work. I think maybe the factory prep includes a pre installed mic.

Atty

OK mate, keep us updated.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I have the factory prep, but can`t see anything at all:shrug: I even complained to the dealer, saying that its not been done. He showed me the factory order and assured me it was. The wiring you pay for is just a loom to the fusebox/ radio/speakers. But I dunno, as I haven`t got a tom tom and the mount yet, blown the budget for the moment:whistle:

AttyNW

Aug 28, 2006
Warrington, Cheshire
johnbev

This is how SEAT describe the location of the connection for the electrical pre-installation.

The connection for the electrical pre-installation is at the rear of the fuses, at the height of the rotating lights, fastened by tape and covered in foam.

I hope this helps

Atty

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise